PDA

View Full Version : Anti-social behaviour order - successfully implemented

gravedigga
25-Jan-05, 04:39
Looks like this has been done in Fife,(see here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4201445.stm ) seems the way to do it is make sure the police have a log of all the incidents regarding these people as to help build a case against them.

Because the neighbours continued to keep us informed, we were able to build up a very strong case to allow us to make use of the new powers in the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2004 and obtain a closure order

In this case it seem a local councillor took the bull by the horns and arranged meetings with the local people(any councillors reading this take note, hint hint :) )

Sixty people attended a public meeting called by local councillor Andrew Keddie to discuss the problem

Wonder how full the polices books are already with incidents involving certain people up here. . . . . . . . .

Only downside is this only applies for 3 months, if the guy behaves in that period he'll be allowed to move back home, i wonder where he's going to stay in the meantime??

Rheghead
25-Jan-05, 10:48
I have to agree with those tactics. In the last village that I lived in, there was a gang of youths who were causing allsorts of trouble, you know the usual vandalism and stuff. However, us law-abiders arranged a well advertised semi-vigilante meeting in the Hall. On the night of the meeting, the youths were wearing balaclavas outside the Hall. When they were invited to join in the discussion they scarpered. We sorted out a neighbourhood watch scheme where we logged all the activities of these youths and the problem just went away.

We all knew who these yobbos were, but it was interesting to see that their parents weren't at the meeting!?

katarina
26-Jan-05, 21:19
In this case it seem a local councillor took the bull by the horns and arranged meetings with the local people(any councillors reading this take note, hint hint :) )

Sixty people attended a public meeting called by local councillor Andrew Keddie to discuss the problem

Did that local councilor get his windows smashed? Ours might not want to take the risk.

If we could get sixty people to attend it would work, but what if only say 5 turned up, they would all be targets.
But I for one would turn up anyway. [mad]

~~Tides~~
26-Jan-05, 22:52
Ours might not want to take the risk.

Not remember what happened to Bill just before Christmas?

ferrarifanatic
27-Jan-05, 00:42
brilliant idea,will be watching this space.i will go to meeting.

gravedigga
27-Jan-05, 17:17
Ours might not want to take the risk.

Not remember what happened to Bill just before Christmas?

That should be all the more reason, i did hear it was them lot who done the break in - but typically i ain't got no proof/evidence to back this up. :mad: