PDA

View Full Version : furminator

Dadie
06-Aug-12, 16:05
Just tried one of these expensive shedding brushes on the dog and cat.
The amount of hair removed was shocking...a full carrier bag in under 10 mins!
Think its worth the price already.
Now to attack the rabbits!

billmoseley
06-Aug-12, 18:51
wonder what happens if you use it on the kids

Moira
06-Aug-12, 19:04
How expensive are they Dadie?

I was wondering if I should invest in one.
It would save on my hairdressing costs and if I could share it with the dog that would be a bonus. :)

Dadie
06-Aug-12, 19:24
From £22 to about £45 depending on size!:eek:
It takes out the undercoat leaving the topcoat intact.
So it wont work on the children...but would work on goats...if thats what you mean Bill?...there is a horse one too!
Think we are going for a medium one as it wont take too long to do the dog, but its small enough to go over the cat and rabbits (just) without us having to buy 2!
Will be interesting to see if the dog hair and cat hair tumbleweeds are reduced around the house with regular brushing of the source of the hair..rether than sweeping up the result!

Moira
06-Aug-12, 19:39
Thanks Dadie.
I'll stay with my hairdresser then lol!

I'll also stick to my "stripping brush". It did my last Lab well.
Know what you mean about the "tumbleweed" though. :)

snow tiger
06-Aug-12, 19:52
I have had this brush since it was first introduced, the only down side is if you use to often it puts the dog/ cat into moult again I use once a week and normal brush in between.

porshiepoo
07-Aug-12, 19:24
I got mine (large one) for £8 of EBay brand new. It's the only thing that works on my GSDs undercoat, it really thinned him out and helped with those matts :)

mop top
07-Aug-12, 23:15
just ordered mine on amazon this morning cant wait for it to arrive ! got 3 hairy monsters to try it out on!

Dadie
07-Aug-12, 23:43
Just been on ebay....and looking at cheaper options.
I dont want to cause harm to the rabbits skin, as its more prone to plucking diasaters....
Now confused!
Wanting one deshedder between the lot...1 labrador,, 1 pointer x spaniel, 1spaniel,, 1 cat (shorthaired ) and 2 rabbits (shorthaired) if possible!
To miminise the tumbleweed hair effect!..arghh..lots to choose from and need advice in what to narrow it to!

snow tiger
08-Aug-12, 08:49
My rabbit hates being brushed with the shedding brush, I think it's because they have thin coats, I use a rubber brush, or pluck the moulting hair out.