PDA

View Full Version : Lets meet up!

Rheghead
24-Jan-05, 22:43
How about all local caithness.org posters meet up somewhere this Summer? We could all wear a badge with our members name on our lapels.

Mr P Cannop
24-Jan-05, 22:58
where would we meet ??

William
24-Jan-05, 23:01
that is a great idea

Rheghead
24-Jan-05, 23:01
where would we meet ??

Dunno, but seeing as I have these new-found powers of polls, I could put it to the vote? :)

Mr P Cannop
24-Jan-05, 23:18
how do we set up a poll ??

William
24-Jan-05, 23:24
how do we set up a poll ??

We can't you need special privalages or some thing

Mr P Cannop
24-Jan-05, 23:28
oh ok

Rheghead
24-Jan-05, 23:28
Send (PM)me suggestions for a venue and I will get a poll together. I will select the top 5 viable venues and put a poll together. My suggestion would be Weatherspoons in Wick because of its open plan layout and smoking policy but that is me. However, I realise that the proposed venues won't suit everyone.

William
24-Jan-05, 23:35
that seems to be as good a place as any, what sort of time of day you thinking about, morning, afternoon or evening

Rheghead
24-Jan-05, 23:43
that seems to be as good a place as any, what sort of time of day you thinking about, morning, afternoon or evening

I suggest early Friday evening, that way it is still quiet and the option to make a night of it is still open. Or Saturday afternoon, might be better?

doreenhedgehog
22-Feb-05, 14:57
This will end in tears!

The PC brigade will fight with the non PC lot
The Halkirk people will indulge in drinking and debauchery
The Wick mafia will gatecrash and steal everybody's wallets and handbags
Administrators will be attacked with Vol Au Vents and stuff
The Southerners will turn up and take over the whole show

Things will never be the same again. :(

golach
22-Feb-05, 21:31
This will end in tears!

The PC brigade will fight with the non PC lot
The Halkirk people will indulge in drinking and debauchery
The Wick mafia will gatecrash and steal everybody's wallets and handbags
Administrators will be attacked with Vol Au Vents and stuff
The Southerners will turn up and take over the whole show
Things will never be the same again. :(

Doreen, you are a breath o fresh humour long may it last
Golach

Rheghead
23-Feb-05, 00:09
The moderators may try to delete any establishment in which this meet may take place :roll: :)

Whitewater
23-Feb-05, 14:32
Rheghead, that sounds like a good idea, and from dooreenhedgehogs conception it has the making of an exciting evening. I'm dying to meet the people from Halkirk. Boom Boom !!!

Thye Yard (Now Sinclairs) in Wick would also be a good venue

squidge
23-Feb-05, 16:08
I am upin Caithness for the easter weekend - we could do it then?

katarina
02-Mar-05, 22:11
won't we start slagging eachother off? I mean we can get very hot under the collar on the message board, but face to face with a few drams - boy, I can hardly wait!

squidge
03-Mar-05, 00:26
Ooooooh maybe katarina lol

I like to think, we will laugh at our wee foibles and our soap box positions and simply enjoy each others company

golach
03-Mar-05, 08:58
Ooooooh maybe katarina lol

I like to think, we will laugh at our wee foibles and our soap box positions and simply enjoy each others company

Squidge, I for one having met you already would never laugh at your foibles or your soap box positions. I wish I could be there.

Golach

ŠAmethyst
03-Mar-05, 10:47
I would laugh! I laugh at her accent the whole time... it's sooooo cute! [lol]

Rheghead
03-Mar-05, 13:06
Golach, do you ever get on a soapbox about anything? Or are you one of the faceless mob that barracks from the sidelines? :D

DrSzin
03-Mar-05, 15:11
Careful Rheghead, Golach will be a bit prickly after Caley Thistle laid waste to his beloved Hibees last night. :D

I shoulda put a bet on that game -- I will win a footie bet one day. I will, I will, I will!

Seriously, you should go ahead and arrange it. It will be fun. Don't forget to invite jjc, he doesn't get out much, remember.

Can't join you I'm afraid. I have a prearranged date with Minnie Mouse.

squidge
03-Mar-05, 15:24
Hey amethyst

I knowyou would laugh - i would give you a great big hug

xxxxxxxxx

weeboyagee
04-Mar-05, 22:35
Heh-heh! I think this is a great idea - would love to meet up with Golach since I'm a jam-tart! But a humbled one given our recent performance and the fact that we want to replay the blues again because of a blind referee - probably just to get whipped again by a bigger score after the ref awards three times the amount of penalties! Heh-heh! Doreenhedgehog - your name is as good as your post - I laugh at both!!!! And before you say it - NO! - there's nothing wee aboot this boyagee!

ŠAmethyst
05-Mar-05, 18:33
i would give you a great big hug

Good, I'd be very offended if you didn't!

golach
05-Mar-05, 20:12
Golach, do you ever get on a soapbox about anything? Or are you one of the faceless mob that barracks from the sidelines? :D
Rheghead, yes I do get on my soapbox now and again, when I feel I have something worthwhile and useful to say. I dont think badgering the readers of the message boards with nonsensical dribble is a worthwhile passtime.

DrSzin, I used till like you, but that debacal up in Inverness has cut me to the bone :~(

weeboyagee, I'll no hold it against you for being a Jambo, and would love to meet you on Easter Road some day. Hugh Dallas rules :p

Rheghead
06-Mar-05, 18:16
Ok, there seems to be enough interest for an 'eyeball' as they say in CB jargon. Now we need to decide where and when. I know a 'where and when' will exclude some people cos of shiftwork and location but we should aim to maximise attendees?

I thought about somewhere in Wick or Thurso sometime over the 25th or 26th March during the afternoon or early evening? I think that is Easter time and we may get some ex-pat .orgers (i was careful with my spelling there :roll: ) in the area as well.

We must make sure that we clearly display our membernames, I don't want to verbally attack the wrong person. :) :roll:

squidge
07-Mar-05, 00:21
Either day would suit me

ill make a special trip

ŠAmethyst
08-Mar-05, 15:55
I find it difficult to get through to wick as I don't drive and hate busses - but I'm sure I could make it if I reeeeeeeeally want that hug! Plus I do not know my way around wick as the only time I'm ever there is to pass through the town or in the hospital. Anyone know a good website with a streetmap of Wick?

champagnebaby
11-Mar-05, 02:41
Wick isn't that big, we could give you directions from the bus stop to the location, lol

Mite be more difficult for the way back though once you've had a few, lol :D

ŠAmethyst
13-Mar-05, 17:20
Yeah, that's my main worry... finding the bus stop again. lol

pie2000
31-May-05, 21:39
Did you ever get it organised then? If so how did it go?

Rheghead
31-May-05, 22:13
Yes we did, there seems to be a few posts missing here that reported on how it went. For the life of me I don't know why they have been removed because there was nothing rude or contraversial in their content. :confused

We met in the Weatherspoons in Wick, good time was had by all.

pie2000
31-May-05, 23:12
Sounds like it would have been really good crack! maby there could be another one again sometime?

champagnebaby
01-Jun-05, 05:05
A fair chunk of the topic is missing!

I'd be pleased if there was another one seeing as i missed the last one :~( maybe sometime in the summer when people from other places may be up on holiday???

ŠAmethyst
03-Jun-05, 15:02
I've been going through to Wick a little more often these days and finding transport easier to deal with than I thought it would be. If there's another one just don't have it in the Yard. I got thrown out for not having sufficient ID... I'm in ma 20's!!!

Fran
26-Sep-05, 01:42
:Razz did you all meet up eventally ...and what happened??? If not...why not??? :lol: