PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

chirpy chick
03-Aug-12, 21:18
Andy Murray in another final, what's happend!!!!

starfish
03-Aug-12, 21:39
hope he does it and wins a medal for gb

equusdriving
03-Aug-12, 21:43
hope he does it and wins a medal for gb

yes come on Andy do it for Great Britain

starfish
03-Aug-12, 21:46
bet if he wins it will be for scotland and he will be a great scottish tennis player if he loses he will be team gb

golach
03-Aug-12, 23:40
He gets a medal, whatever, well done Team GB

Gizmo
04-Aug-12, 11:41
Even though he lost in the Wimbledon final, I think that reaching that final and the massive support he had from the nation has given him a huge confidence boost and belief that he can win the Olympic gold. This really could be his time to shine, and I really hope he wins on Sunday :)

squidge
04-Aug-12, 13:13
Oh gosh I hope he wins i really do

cazmanian_minx
04-Aug-12, 16:44
Crossing fingers here - how devasting would it be to be the only man ever to lose two finals at Wimbledon in one year to the same man??

Kenn
04-Aug-12, 22:29
'MON ANDY......and LAURA.

jac1791
04-Aug-12, 23:08
If he wins, and I hope he does it will be team GB and if he loses it will be Scotland!!!!!

Dialyser
05-Aug-12, 16:15
Congratulations to Andy Murray and Team GB, what a great performance.

carrepairman
05-Aug-12, 16:17
Well done, Andy

Corrie 3
05-Aug-12, 16:20
Well done Andy, a great win for Scotland!!!!

equusdriving
05-Aug-12, 16:29
Well done Andy, a great win

Yes miracles can happen when you have the backing of the Union

cptdodger
05-Aug-12, 16:37
Well done Andy, a great win for Scotland!!!!

You're getting mixed up there, this is the Olympics not the Commonwealth Games - Murray was playing for Great Britain as a whole - not just Scotland.

equusdriving
05-Aug-12, 16:39
You're getting mixed up there, this is the Olympics not the Commonwealth Games - Murray was playing for Great Britain as a whole - not just Scotland.

be patient with him, he is old and stuck in his ways

cptdodger
05-Aug-12, 16:44

You forgot repetitive.

equusdriving
05-Aug-12, 16:44
In an interview with Gabby Logan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabby_Logan) for the BBC's Inside Sport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Sport_%28TV_series%29) programme, Murray said that he was both Scottish and British and was comfortable and happy with his British identity.[/URL]He said he saw no conflict between the two and was equally proud of them. He has also pointed out that he is quarter English with some of his family originating from [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_upon_Tyne"]Newcastle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Murray#cite_note-208), and that his girlfriend, Kim Sears, is English

Geo
05-Aug-12, 17:14

As is the Scottish media. The reporting all week has mentioned Scotland winning medals not team GB. News south of the border has been consistent with its Team GB reporting.

Brilliant win for Andy though. It would be great if he can go on and win one of the grand slam tournaments now.

starfish
05-Aug-12, 17:16
well done andy murray did i read the last post right from corrie 3 they never mention the independence sure it must be a mistake

Corrie 3
05-Aug-12, 17:27
Believe what you like Dodger, that win was for Scotland, not Team GB. And did you notice him laughing while trying to sing the English anthem?
And just for Starfish..............At the next Limpicks we will be Independent and will gather a host of medals, coming 2nd only to the USA in the medals table!! We have some great competitors who will only do better and better when it is Scotland they are representing. There you go my Friend, happy now?...lol ;)

C3...............;):roll:

starfish
05-Aug-12, 17:33
And just for Starfish..............At the next Limpicks we will be Independent and will gather a host of medals, coming 2nd only to the USA in the medals table!! We have some great competitors who will only do better and better when it is Scotland they are representing. There you go my Friend, happy now?...lol DREAM ON corrie3

cptdodger
05-Aug-12, 18:07
Believe what you like Dodger, that win was for Scotland, not Team GB. And did you notice him laughing while trying to sing the English anthem?
And just for Starfish..............At the next Limpicks we will be Independent and will gather a host of medals, coming 2nd only to the USA in the medals table!! We have some great competitors who will only do better and better when it is Scotland they are representing. There you go my Friend, happy now?...lol ;)

I do'nt just think it - it's fact - he is playing for TEAM GB not just Scotland. It's people like you that make me ashamed to be Scottish.

squidge
05-Aug-12, 18:07
I saw something that said that 9% of teamGB are from Scotland and they have wone 50% of the medals - that is fantastic for Scotland and for Great Britain. I dont care what Andy Murray thinks about being Scottish or british - he was stupendous today - I cheered and shouted and cried. Fantastic!!!!

equusdriving
05-Aug-12, 18:13

In an interview with Gabby Logan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabby_Logan) for the BBC's Inside Sport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Sport_(TV_series)) programme, Murray said that he was both Scottish and British and was comfortable and happy with his British identity.He said he saw no conflict between the two and was equally proud of them. He has also pointed out that he is quarter English with some of his family originating from Newcastle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_upon_Tyne), and that his girlfriend, Kim Sears, is English

And he obviously tries a lot harder when he is playing for team GB, so dry your eyes and move on

golach
05-Aug-12, 19:26
Well done Andy, a true British sportsman. If I had just won an Olympic gold I would be smiling while singing the National Anthem

ducati
05-Aug-12, 21:42
I saw something that said that 9% of teamGB are from Scotland and they have wone 50% of the medals - that is fantastic for Scotland and for Great Britain. I dont care what Andy Murray thinks about being Scottish or british - he was stupendous today - I cheered and shouted and cried. Fantastic!!!!

Yes therealducati and I were trying to work out how many Scots had won medals and how many where in the team. Its a great statistic. Shows how well we compete and how good the schools have been at promoting sport to youngsters in Scotland.

I'll refrain from mentioning John Major's input into funding for sports....oh ..bruggerr!:lol:

Corrie 3
05-Aug-12, 21:43
DREAM ON corrie3

:D:lol: I thought that might make you smile Starfish!!!

C3...............;)

chirpy chick
05-Aug-12, 22:57
And did you notice him laughing while trying to sing the English anthem?

C3...............;):roll:[/QUOTE]

Isn't it the union athem and not just the english anthem?

ducati
06-Aug-12, 08:05
And did you notice him laughing while trying to sing the English anthem?

Isn't it the union athem and not just the english anthem?[/QUOTE]

C3 is anti English and will use any opportunity to tell you. :roll:

Corrie 3
06-Aug-12, 09:48
C3 is anti English and will use any opportunity to tell you. :roll:

So when England win something which anthem do they use Duke? I do believe it's "God save our Gracious Queen" isn't it? Therefore it is the English anthem is it not?

And.............yes, anti English establishment, not English people.

Not even the stalker one !!

C3...........;)

mi16
06-Aug-12, 10:11
No Corrie the song is called God Save the Queen.

So when England win something which anthem do they use Duke? I do believe it's "God save our Gracious Queen" isn't it? Therefore it is the English anthem is it not?

C3...........;)

Corrie 3
06-Aug-12, 10:40
No Corrie the song is called God Save the Queen.
Thanks for putting me right mi6, much appreciated!!

I knew it was something along the lines of saving the Queen of England!

C3............:roll:;)

equusdriving
06-Aug-12, 10:55

Queen of England!

and Scotland whether you like it or not

equusdriving
06-Aug-12, 10:57

C3...........;)

unless they are "incomers"

mi16
06-Aug-12, 11:27

I knew it was something along the lines of saving the Queen of England!

No probelm, always happy to educate.
For what its worth the song does not mention England in it once.

changilass
06-Aug-12, 12:18
Why is it that some folk feel the need to invade every thread and twist it to their own agenda, no matter the op's obvious intentions in starting the thread in the first place.

Well done Andy, another one for team GB.

squidge
06-Aug-12, 14:50
I have a lovely completely batty republican athiest friend who calls God Save the Queen - Sky Fairy protect the Oppressor.

We laugh every time she does it lol

ducati
06-Aug-12, 16:35

C3...........;)

Like Scotland, England has no specific Anthem

Jerrico
06-Aug-12, 17:16
Yes traitor to Scotland by singing the British national anthem, originally anti Scottish anthem!

equusdriving
06-Aug-12, 17:26
Yes traitor to Scotland by singing the British national anthem, originally anti Scottish anthem!

yes and what year was that verse in it ?and what year was it taken out and replaced with a verse supporting the Jacobites? check the facts, lose the chip, grow up, dry your eyes and move

mi16
06-Aug-12, 17:29

So there we have it Andy Murray is a traitor for singing OUR national anthem.:confused

adi1
06-Aug-12, 18:00
I once read that Hitler's Bomber was found on the moon........Sounds like more C3 dross
Fact 70 medals won thats including team events and 8 medals won by Scots not as though im bothered because they are representing Great Britain and N.Ireland.
Like to see more medals too from Scots, Welsh, N Irish, English and Manx

Corrie 3
06-Aug-12, 18:02
So there we have it Andy Murray is a traitor for singing OUR national anthem.:confused
I don't think it would have done Andy any good not to have sung it, the three Welsh footballers got away without singing it but I don't think Andy had any choice.
But I still stand in saying I am sure he would have been happier singing Flower of Scotland!!
He is no Traitor !!

C3..........;)

mi16
06-Aug-12, 18:06
I don't think it would have done Andy any good not to have sung it, the three Welsh footballers got away without singing it but I don't think Andy had any choice.
But I still stand in saying I am sure he would have been happier singing Flower of Scotland!!
He is no Traitor !!

C3..........;)

I am sure he would have been happier singing Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves but that isnt our National Anthem either

pmcd
06-Aug-12, 18:13
I think we ought to take notice of what Andy actually said. It might provide a clue:

"Want to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who has supported me the last week. Biggest win of my life, and couldn't be prouder to be part of an amazing Team GB."

Unless I'm very much mistaken, there was no reason for him to be hypocritical or lie through his teeth. So let's assume he means what he said.

Olympic champions tend not to tell lies. It's part of the training.

Apparently, unlike some of the correspondents here, Andy says he COULDN'T BE PROUDER to be part of an AMAZING TEAM GB. Sorry to shout, but some of you tend to have tin ears, and prefer never to let facts get in the way of a good prejudice.

Never mind, only 2 years to go until your reality check kicks in!

Mystical Potato Head
06-Aug-12, 18:18
He is no Traitor !!

C3..........;)

Considering what Andy Murray went through at the Dunblane primary school massacre i'm sure he's happy to sing anything.One thing is for sure,he couldnt give a monkeys for your opinion nor that of your arch enemy equusdriving.The pair of you are turning ever thread into a private political argument and its getting predictably boring.
Why dont you both let it go and move on,yes move on equus,you tell others to move on so heed your own advice.
Tell you what,carry on and with any luck the pair of you will get banned because the suspension obviously didnt stop the 2 of you greetin at each other like a pair o bairns.

mi16
06-Aug-12, 18:22
Imagine what it will be like on here in the days prior to and after the referendum on independance....murderrr

Corrie 3
06-Aug-12, 18:25
Considering what Andy Murray went through at the Dunblane primary school massacre i'm sure he's happy to sing anything.One thing is for sure,he couldnt give a monkeys for your opinion nor that of your arch enemy equusdriving.The pair of you are turning ever thread into a private political argument and its getting predictably boring.
Why dont you both let it go and move on,yes move on equus,you tell others to move on so heed your own advice.
Tell you what,carry on and with any luck the pair of you will get banned because the suspension obviously didnt stop the 2 of you greetin at each other like a pair o bairns.
Sorry MPH,
I have had Equus on "Ignore" now for a week and have not replied to any of his posts and certainly not argued with him. I have moved on, as far as I am concerned he does not exist.

C3...........:roll::roll:

equusdriving
06-Aug-12, 20:38
.One thing is for sure,he couldnt give a monkeys for your opinion nor that of your arch enemy equusdriving

and what makes you think we give a monkeys about yours?

The pair of you are turning ever thread into a private political argumen

how is stating that Murray was representing GB etc, political? and either way its a fact

I have moved on but when I see the next idiotic,veiled, snide, bigoted, racist or unfounded comment I will comment again

Tell you what,carry on and with any luck the pair of you will get banned
well you can live in hope

Or alternatively put us on ignore or just don't read our post's

equusdriving
06-Aug-12, 20:47
Considering what Andy Murray went through at the Dunblane primary school massacre i'm sure he's happy to sing anything.

what a ridiculous statement! Murray says "he was too young to understand what was happening" and obviously hasn't let it affect his goals and aspirations, but you suggest that it has a bearing in some way to whether he sings his own National Anthem or not