PDA

View Full Version : Woodys

morvenview
03-Aug-12, 17:11
Took my 3 bairns to Woodys today as it was so nice for an ice cream. Asked for 4 small tubs and the young lassie served them up and put a spoon in two of them and mumbled something about getting more spoons in back shop. So we stood for 5 mins in a shop with nobody behind the counter watching our ice cream melt! She came back and mumbled again about no spoons and stuck her head under the counter to look. I looked at our Mr Whippys now looking like Mr Melting Fast Whippys and thought why should i pay for that?
Went up the street a bit and got ice cream and 4 spoons without watching it melt! Think the young lassie was still looking for spoons under the counter! I hope the two that came in were not wanting ice cream! And lucky im no thief as i could of filled my pockets in the 5 mins i was in shop!

chirpy chick
03-Aug-12, 20:54
usally when i go there its a man serving and he is allways good.

morvenview
03-Aug-12, 21:13
usally when i go there its a man serving and he is allways good.

Yes he always is and is friendly and helpfull . Just maybe he should train the staff a bit more!

Tinkerbell09
03-Aug-12, 22:41
Anytime I go in, I always find the staff quite friendly! Never had a problem with Woodys! Love the place!

Wiseowl
04-Aug-12, 01:46
I think it was unnecessary to share your experience, however bad (or petty) it may have been on a public site. Woodys shop has always been great everytime i've been in it, and the young girls are always pleasant. Everyone works hard for a living and its no wonder shops are closing when there are people going onto forums to complain about the little things they encounter. If the biggest problem in your day is having slightly melted ice-creams then consider yourself lucky!

Rant over! :)

morvenview
04-Aug-12, 08:49
I think it was unnecessary to share your experience, however bad (or petty) it may have been on a public site. Woodys shop has always been great everytime i've been in it, and the young girls are always pleasant. Everyone works hard for a living and its no wonder shops are closing when there are people going onto forums to complain about the little things they encounter. If the biggest problem in your day is having slightly melted ice-creams then consider yourself lucky!

Rant over! :)

Nice to see you are allowed to rant and im not!

Yon Chiel
04-Aug-12, 09:11
Here we go again....another case of 'your word against their word'.

It's impossible to separate mischief making from genuine griping.

Took my 3 bairns to Woodys today as it was so nice for an ice cream. Asked for 4 small tubs and the young lassie served them up and put a spoon in two of them and mumbled something about getting more spoons in back shop. So we stood for 5 mins in a shop with nobody behind the counter watching our ice cream melt! She came back and mumbled again about no spoons and stuck her head under the counter to look. I looked at our Mr Whippys now looking like Mr Melting Fast Whippys and thought why should i pay for that?
Went up the street a bit and got ice cream and 4 spoons without watching it melt! Think the young lassie was still looking for spoons under the counter! I hope the two that came in were not wanting ice cream! And lucky im no thief as i could of filled my pockets in the 5 mins i was in shop!

black16i
04-Aug-12, 16:51

I would like to say that i actually own Woodys, and i can only apologise for the problems, however i would have appriciated it more if you came in and told me the next time you were passing, i can say that all my staff are trained to a good standard and are friendly and always helpful.

pop in next time ure passing and i will give you your ice cream for no charge. its hard enough keeping a small shop going in this current climate without a public slating.!

thanks

telfordstar
04-Aug-12, 18:03
I would like to say that i actually own Woodys, and i can only apologise for the problems, however i would have appriciated it more if you came in and told me the next time you were passing, i can say that all my staff are trained to a good standard and are friendly and always helpful.pop in next time ure passing and i will give you your ice cream for no charge. its hard enough keeping a small shop going in this current climate without a public slating.!thanksnow you don't see a good gesture like that very often. well done woody. I'm not keen on public slating of bad service on here as what does it do? nothing! if ever I've a problem in a store/shop/cafe it's the manager/supervisor I go for.

riggerboy
04-Aug-12, 18:30
i use woodys on a daily basis and can honestly say i have never encountered any sort of problem, in fact i think its one of the best little shops in the town, always friendly and helpful, woody infact sends me out of his shop with a smile on my face, good old honest open all hours place without the stutttttter,

black16i
04-Aug-12, 19:18
thanks for all the positive comments! i try my best and always say its free to be polite!

and if a customer has any issues i will deal with them best i can

thanks once again

Woody

pat
04-Aug-12, 19:19
Will the extremely generous offer ever be taken up or will the person prefer to hide behind the slagging off and anonymous posting on the Org?

Before complaining to anyone I would rather deal with the person in charge and tell them exactly my thoughts at the time

Corrie 3
04-Aug-12, 19:26
Woody's is a brilliant shop with very polite, helpful staff.
It's quite sad that people would sooner complain on here than have the guts to take up the issue with the owner.

C3.............;)

riggerboy
04-Aug-12, 19:34
Set the gallows up,

market square, wick, sunday 12 noon 05-08-12,

hang em hang em hang em high,

Free entry,
free ice cream,(donated by woody`s of wick)

Crime: cowardice and direct deformation of character