PDA

View Full Version : What a day for Team GB

golach
02-Aug-12, 22:18
Well done Team GB, 3 Gold medals and 3 Silver in one day. And a few Scots in the winning teams.

Wonder if Alec Salmond tries to take credit for this.

Dadie
02-Aug-12, 22:23
Thought the silver in the judo was a certain gold, but the American was better all round in the final!
Gold and silver in the canoes
Gold in the clays was in the bag early on but nearly lost.....

squidge
02-Aug-12, 23:25
Fantastic day indeed :)

pmcd
02-Aug-12, 23:38
Today should make all Scolympians proud to be Brottish!

golach
03-Aug-12, 18:48
More Brottish medals today..........Come ON Team GB!!!

Corrie 3
03-Aug-12, 18:58
Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!!

C3.............:roll:;)

equusdriving
03-Aug-12, 19:04
Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own
C3.............

Yes and when they stopped that, and concentrated on their events they would probably do well in the Olympics:)

equusdriving
03-Aug-12, 19:09
Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!!

C3.............:roll:;)

yes but will we have to have a whip round to fund their training, kit and competing expenses

porshiepoo
03-Aug-12, 19:28
The Equestrian team are doing really well too. Silver in the Team Eventing and, fingers crossed, we'll get a place in the Team and Individual Dressage :)

Corrie 3
03-Aug-12, 19:32
More Brottish medals today..........Come ON Team GB!!!
Why the need to PM to tell me you have me on "Ignore" Glolach? If you want to ignore me then go right ahead!

C3...............;)

equusdriving
03-Aug-12, 19:41
If you want to ignore me then go right ahead!

C3............... Like you did with me then....oh no that's right you copied and pasted the ignore message as a reply to a post, what's the word that comes to mind ....................HYPOCRITE.........That's the one

starfish
03-Aug-12, 19:56
i thought that great britain was made up of wales northen ireland scotland and england perhaps if we all pulled together without certain people going on about independant scotland and support all the gb team and be proud of what they do . It might be a better country to leave,there is to much racist all over britain . after all everyone of us contribute in making it great

Corrie 3
03-Aug-12, 20:10
It might be a better country to leave,there is to much racist all over britain . after all everyone of us contribute in making it great
What has racism got to do with supporting Team GB or Team Scotland? Surely it's to do with whichever team you support?

C3...........:eek::confused

starfish
03-Aug-12, 20:22
"Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!! corrie3 i meant we should all pull together and support gb as a whole i have notice that lets say scotland is knocked out of something eg football the scottish would rather support france or some other nation than england , where the english would support what ever home notion was still in the game

Corrie 3
03-Aug-12, 21:28
"Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!! corrie3 i meant we should all pull together and support gb as a whole i have notice that lets say scotland is knocked out of something eg football the scottish would rather support france or some other nation than england , where the english would support what ever home notion was still in the game
OK, I accept that Starfish but it's not Racism is it? Scots and English are more or less the same race last I heard. You cant force 4 nations to pull together as one and that is what some are trying to do on this Forum!

C3...............:eek::confused

starfish
03-Aug-12, 21:50
you agree thats a first. i also agree that you can not force people to get along but it would be nice instead of pushes indepenence of scotland on every thread would also be nice we all got our on thoughts on that but do not keep pushing it after all england provide a lot of employment in scotland which must be good for the ecomony

joxville
03-Aug-12, 22:44
i thought that great britain was made up of wales northen ireland scotland and england perhaps if we all pulled together without certain people going on about independant scotland and support all the gb team and be proud of what they do . It might be a better country to leave,there is to much racist all over britain . after all everyone of us contribute in making it greatGreat Britain is made up of Scotland, England and Wales. Northern Ireland is added to make up the UK. I don't know why this is so and have no inclination to Google it, I'm going out for a fag now. :-)

golach
04-Aug-12, 21:35
What can I say, another great day of medals won by Team GB, makes me proud to be British!!!

ducati
04-Aug-12, 21:53
Fantastic, just watched Mo :cool:

squidge
04-Aug-12, 21:56
amazing - its made me teary all night

ducati
04-Aug-12, 21:58
And Jessica Ennis, what a heart she showed in the 800m

Gronnuck
04-Aug-12, 22:00
WOW . . . three gold medals in less than an hour. Well done Team GB!

pmcd
05-Aug-12, 08:58
On Waking After Golden Saturday

To rise and think they resolutely strove
To move the heavens with Herculean strength,
And vanquish opposition from all sides
With adamantine strength and joyous fire
To scale th'Olympian heights with steps secure
And pride in nationhood, withal to share
Loud hymning striking chords with smiling crowds
United in their pride in British might
Who durst take on the world and conquer all
In friendly contest, sinew-fought throughout.
They surely smote the surly bonds of earth
And took us all to higher planes and thoughts
That we might come together in delight
And once again proclaim our nation's might.
We rise, and find it was so - Team GB
You did us proud, so may you thanked be.

joxville
05-Aug-12, 11:07
And the prima donnas lost at football...AGAIN. Could someone tell me why footballists are lauded and paid so much yet continually serve up disappointment?

equusdriving
05-Aug-12, 11:47
=joxville;968108]And the prima donnas lost at football...AGAIN.

"lost again"? I thought this was their first loss in this Olympics

Could someone tell me why footballists are lauded and paid so much yet continually serve up disappointment?

How much were they paid to compete?

and I think the blame for their failure lies firmly at Stuart Pearce's feet

golach
05-Aug-12, 11:54
And the prima donnas lost at football...AGAIN. Could someone tell me why footballists are lauded and paid so much yet continually serve up disappointment?

The Female Football teams are more attractive to watch in more ways than one, they play their hearts out. Will be supporting Team Canada in the ladies semi final

joxville
05-Aug-12, 12:19
. "lost again"? I thought this was their first loss in this OlympicsHow much were they paid to compete? and I think the blame for their failure lies firmly at Stuart Pearce's feetI was making a generalisation but to be specific, the England team, with a couple of Welsh players, lost another game,(in a penalty shoot-out), against a team that rarely gets a mention in world football. I've no idea how much they are paid, though I doubt they are paid to appear at the Olympics; I see footballers as being overpaid for what they do, the sums involved in wages and transfer fees disgusts me, and they continually serve up disappointment to their fans. Heaven knows why people continue to watch and support football. The ones to blame are on the pitch, the manager could field his best side, it's up to them to perform.

equusdriving
05-Aug-12, 13:42
I was making a generalisation but to be specific, the England team, with a couple of Welsh players

not quite... selection was restricted to players aged under 23, except that three players of any age are allowed in the squad

the manager could field his best side, it's up to them to perform.

no he can field what in his opinion is his best side, from the squad that he selected

golach
07-Aug-12, 22:34
Another great day for Team GB, and 12 medals for the Scots so far, make me proud to be British.

ducati
10-Aug-12, 00:01
The BBC keep showing where Yorkshire would be in the table. Anyone worked out where Scotland would be?:)

changilass
10-Aug-12, 00:46
Hey don't knock it, the yorkies are doing us proud.