PDA

View Full Version : New Takeaway Opened Today

ellie-lou
01-Dec-06, 21:34
Just Wondering Has Anyone Been To The New Takeaway/restaraunt That Opened In Thurso Today Its In The Old Autoparts Shop.

Gogglebox
01-Dec-06, 21:47
eating a fish and chips right now and its lovely
Fresh Cooked!!!

willowbankbear
01-Dec-06, 21:53
You are joking right? A fish & chip shop? Thats brilliant news:D
How come Thurso gets all the good shops?;)

spanner
01-Dec-06, 23:21
For the first night and trying too get a good name,they had very little ready, then when asked for something off the menu the cook gurned that they were not doing it tonight, also when phoned in abount takeway the manners of the person in the shop had alot too be desired , think i will stick with robins for the future.

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 23:30
What sort of meals do they serve in the Restaurant?

Bobinovich
02-Dec-06, 00:00
I thought it could have done with a bit of publicity - especially with it being the lights switch on - they could have made a quick return. However with Trader's day tommorrow I'm sure they'll do well.

Question is though, how do the chips compare with Castletown chippy :D ?

connieb19
02-Dec-06, 00:02
Mmm, it'll be nice to sit down to a meal of battered mars bar for a change. :)

Mr P Cannop
02-Dec-06, 00:07
i was there tonight chips and king rib was great

Alice in Blunderland
02-Dec-06, 00:07
Mmm, it'll be nice to sit down to a meal of battered mars bar for a change.

Ohh Connie wrong thread or are you trying to merge the mars bar thread and this one together ;) :lol:

JimH
02-Dec-06, 00:17
Believe to be same owners of Halkirk Chippy. If so it will be a bit hit and miss.
Sometimes lovely and others only fit for the bin.

jm.mack
02-Dec-06, 10:17
Had a fish supper from there last night, it was fresh cooked & lovely. If there were teething troubles then I'm sure this is down to it all being new. I'm sure these will be ironed out soon.

Good luck to them, I'll support anybody who tries to provide something new for the town.

jinglejangle
02-Dec-06, 10:20
remove please

Scunner
02-Dec-06, 11:27
Believe to be same owners of Halkirk Chippy. If so it will be a bit hit and miss.
Sometimes lovely and others only fit for the bin.

Have to agree, more misses than hits recently.

engiebenjy
02-Dec-06, 13:20
The menu for the Bistro looked nice, and if the food's good quite reasonable. The Christmas Day menu is running at £39.95 per person though!! I had to look twice because I thought I was seeing things. Chips were lovely, although very small portions compared to Robin's.

Billy Boy
02-Dec-06, 14:01
I thought it could have done with a bit of publicity - especially with it being the lights switch on - they could have made a quick return. However with Trader's day tommorrow I'm sure they'll do well.

Question is though, how do the chips compare with Castletown chippy :D ?

there is no question,castletown chips taste like something lidl would sell:mad:

connieb19
02-Dec-06, 14:06
there is no question,castletown chips taste like something lidl would sell:mad:I've been to the Castletown chippie once, the patties were pink :confused

melted_wellie
02-Dec-06, 14:08
What colour is a pattie supposed to be???? What is a pattie??

Billy Boy
02-Dec-06, 14:18
What colour is a pattie supposed to be???? What is a pattie??

a pattie is mince and tatties in a ball shape with a batter coating and the colour should be of mince and tatties mixed:Razz

jaykay
02-Dec-06, 14:54
there is no question,castletown chips taste like something lidl would sell:mad:

Have tio agree with you there. I have stopped going to the Castletown chippie as their fish and chips taste terrible.

The_man_from_del_monte
03-Dec-06, 17:09
Have tio agree with you there. I have stopped going to the Castletown chippie as their fish and chips taste terrible.

Their doner kebabs (well, the one I had) are nothing short of revolting. Maybe I went in a bit late (7.30pm) I dunno but alarm bells started ringing when I heard the microwave in the back of the shop. Anyways, long story short, the pitta bread hadn't even been grilled, the doner meat was cut like big lumps of potatoes, was barely warm and had been nowhere near a grill.... I must confess it was the most dire doner kebab I have ever witnessed in my life (and I've seen quite a few) I certainly won't be buying another one there :(

Estrella
03-Dec-06, 17:16
castleown chippie is a hit an miss, have to say the only thing worth going for is the kebab now and again we have had to chuck it though, because they slice the meat to think and its revolting, then another time the pitta bread was tough as a old boot.

Robins is going to have to pick up if they dont want to loose out to the new Maggie annes, mind you if the halkirk one is anything to go by they use frozen brake bros sausages?? we will see how they go

unicorn
03-Dec-06, 23:05
I had food from the new chippie last night and it was lovely, portions could be bigger though but really enjoyed it. Ahh and my white pudding was a red but it was yummy surprise :)

kat311
04-Dec-06, 15:05
I had a sausage supper from the new chip shop on Saturday night and I have to admit it was the best sauasge supper I have had in a long long while. The sausages were nice and bigger completely covered in batter and the chips were crispy on the outside and nice on the inside. My partner has often had chips from Halkirk and he said that he never had any reason to fault them.

Through
04-Dec-06, 18:11
I'll be sticking with Robins. I've never understood why some people have right go at his food. We went for suppers there on Saturday and they were top class.

gothlife420
04-Dec-06, 18:20
You are joking right? A fish & chip shop? Thats brilliant news:D
How come Thurso gets all the good shops?;)

lol we have a retail park and we have a few fish and chip shops in wick aswell

mums angels
05-Dec-06, 00:09
Went to new chippy tonight and got 3 fish suppers and 1 sausage supper and was just under £17 and when i got home the suppers had all almost fallen out of there wrappers due to the grease making the paper all soogy, then went to put fish on plates and all went to mush, wee one wouldn't eat sausage..it didn't look cooked. and hubby got fish bone stuck in throat on first bit and then left it soon after.

Was very dissapointed due to everyone saying how nice it was , I for one do not like soggy ,greasy, musy fish suppers...(chips were not overly bad but still too greay) :(

Thumbs down from us ...won't be going back unless i hear it has significantly improved..it will be sitting in the stomach for awhile too come

The_man_from_del_monte
05-Dec-06, 02:07
castleown chippie is a hit an miss I have to say the only thing worth going for is the kebab now and again

God, you'd either have to be starving or out of your tree to eat one of those revolting excuses for a "kebab" absolutely disgusting.

Moby
05-Dec-06, 16:44
I had a fish supper from Donnie Reid's (next to the laundrette) last week and it was superb - best I've tasted up here since Robin used to run the old gas fired chip van............hmmmm now those were epic chips!

buggyracer
05-Dec-06, 17:07
lol we have a retail park and we have a few fish and chip shops in wick aswell

and no crime rate at all lol ;)

Through
05-Dec-06, 22:05
I had a fish supper from Donnie Reid's (next to the laundrette) last week and it was superb - best I've tasted up here since Robin used to run the old gas fired chip van............hmmmm now those were epic chips!

Good shout Moby, Reids chips are hard to match never mind beat.