PDA

View Full Version : Grantys Mars Bar Dilemma???

grantyg
01-Dec-06, 19:48
Does anyone else agree that mars bars taste better when they are sliced - instead of munching from the packet?

I also feel it helps when the sliced mars bar is on a nice saucer.

Please experiment and report your findings!

Nice little slices of mars bar - forget the org jail is there an org "institute" for obsessive compulsive mars bar eaters????

changilass
01-Dec-06, 19:55
Sliced mars and marathon both benefit from a stay in the freezer prior to eating, yummy:lol:

willowbankbear
01-Dec-06, 20:14
Grantyg what about the deep fried mars bar option? and have the Scots started eating them again after the world cup debacle?

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 20:16
what a great thread lol,you must have spent a wee while thinking that one up[lol] wait a minute you've given me a idea!! i can't decide what colour of sock's i am going to wear tomorrow,i am off to start a thread:Razz

willowbankbear
01-Dec-06, 20:19
what a great thread lol,you must have spent a wee while thinking that one up[lol] wait a minute you've given me a idea!! i can't decide what colour of sock's i'am going to wear tomorrow,i am off to start a thread:Razz

Pull a loose 1 oot yer socks & hey Tesco , theres yer colour!!!

angela5
01-Dec-06, 20:19
Aye there far better sliced and i enjoy mine with ice-cream.:D

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 20:32
I'm not that keen on Mars bars but if you cut them up I love them. :confused Why do they taste so much better sliced?

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 20:42
how can a mars bar change taste whether you cut it or bite it? does it know the difference between a bite or a knife NO:roll: so get a grip, it taste's the same[lol]

Ricco
01-Dec-06, 21:33
Chilled, shaken with and olive. Oh, sorry - wrong answer. Dah, oops! ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Dec-06, 21:39
They taste better sliced.Seem to get a bigger choccie buzz from them.Its as though ye let loose the sugar or somehin'!!SUGAR............mmmmmmmm:lol: :lol:

acameron
01-Dec-06, 21:57
i can't decide what colour of sock's i am going to wear tomorrow,

Are you going to tell us????

I sit here on tenderhooks, if it wasnt for the fact that the mars bar sliced/unsliced thread was diverting my attention, I would be going off the heed.

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 22:03
lol i'm sitting here on tender hooks trying to decide whether i should start a thread or a poll, a poll seems to be the in thing these days :confused
i'm leaning towards the white socks but my next decision will be what colour boxers to wear oh decisions, decisions

grantyg
01-Dec-06, 22:03
See connie understands!

sam
01-Dec-06, 22:04
why dont you just wear black sock's lol, and go comando problem solved:Razz

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 22:06
lol now theres a thought:eek: it would save on some washing[lol]

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 22:08
lol i'm sitting here on tender hooks trying to decide whether i should start a thread or a poll, a poll seems to be the in thing these days :confused
i'm leaning towards the white socks but my next decision will be what colour boxers to wear oh decisions, decisions
I saw some silky leopardy boxers in Tescos..:eek: looked very slidey.

obiron
01-Dec-06, 22:10

saw them too arent they "lovely"

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 22:13

the only problem with them lol,when i let a ripper go i would blow them off[lol]

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 22:14
saw them too arent they "lovely"
Super...... :lol:

grantyg
01-Dec-06, 23:08
Look this was a serious dilemma I don`t want to talk about silk leopard print boxers!

crashbandicoot1979
01-Dec-06, 23:11
Definitely sliced, on a saucer, and left in the fridge for a while beforehand. I can't eat a whole mars bar unless its been sliced. Seriously. It definitely tastes different! However I can eat a mars ice cream bar without slicing it but I'll save that for another thread....

willowbankbear
01-Dec-06, 23:12
Why dont ye have a milky way then? :cool:

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 23:14
Look this was a serious dilemma I don`t want to talk about silk leopard print boxers!

i have already solved your dilemma,it does not matter if you bite or slice it tastes the same,so off to the institute you go[lol]

willowbankbear
01-Dec-06, 23:16
Ill second that, adios senor G [lol]

crashbandicoot1979
01-Dec-06, 23:18
i have already solved your dilemma,it does not matter if you bite or slice it tastes the same,so off to the institute you go[lol]

Don't worry Granty, I'm coming too. We can sit and eat sliced mars bars all day and leave the rest of them with their silk boxer shorts [lol]

grantyg
01-Dec-06, 23:25
yes mars bars are definatly easier to eat in a straight jacket if sliced an fed via "blunt" cocktail stick by the nice warden - don`t you agree crash bandicoot!

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 23:30
i wonder!! do skid marks come of silk easier than cotten:eek:

crashbandicoot1979
01-Dec-06, 23:32
yes mars bars are definatly easier to eat in a straight jacket if sliced an fed via "blunt" cocktail stick by the nice warden - don`t you agree crash bandicoot!

I remember eating the slices with a fork years ago, but I'm thinking that the straightjacket and blunt cocktail stick would be much easier....but only if the slices are chilled first. Its not the same if they don't chill them. I won't like it, I'll go mad, I'll kick the wardens.....

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 23:33
i wonder!! do skid marks come of silk easier than cotten:eek:
I doubt if they would stick on as easy in the first place, probably slide off. :confused:

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 23:37
I doubt if they would stick on as easy in the first place, probably slide off. :confused:

ahhh but where would they end up then lol:confused:

Alice in Blunderland
01-Dec-06, 23:38

Awww just when the conversation was getting interesting :roll: I like to slice mars bars and put them in the fridge as I have never been able to eat a whole one ,I find them a bit sickly.If they are chilled the caramel doesnt seem to stick to your teeth the same and before you ask no I dont have false teeth..:lol:

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 23:40
ahhh but where would they end up then lol:confused:
Could be anywhere, I used to have a neighbour who had them on the back of her trousers. :eek:

angela5
01-Dec-06, 23:41
Never chilled my slices of mars bar but my daughter likes her's heated in the microwave until they slightly melt.:eek:

crashbandicoot1979
01-Dec-06, 23:42
Isn't this a funny thread - simultaneous discussions about slicing mars bars and the habits of skid marks :lol:

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 23:43
The snack size ones are good if you put them in the freezer, I think if you tried a whole one you'd have no teeth left.

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 23:45
Isn't this a funny thread - simultaneous discussions about slicing mars bars and the habits of skid marks :lol:
I wonder if there's any connection between the two.[para]

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 23:45
The snack size ones are good if you put them in the freezer, I think if you tried a whole one you'd have no teeth left.

WHAT!!! now thats pushing the skid mark one to far lol[lol]

Alice in Blunderland
01-Dec-06, 23:47
Are we allowed to mention mars bar slices in this thread or would that be deemed as going off topic ( as if skid marks in your drawers wasnt a bit off topic:lol: ) kids like mars bars melted down into mars bar slice. yummy :cool:

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 23:48
Topics are good sliced or put in the freezer too. :D

crashbandicoot1979
01-Dec-06, 23:49
I wonder if there's any connection between the two.[para]

Well......

Nope, I'm saying nothing. Its all too much for me, I'm off to bed.:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
01-Dec-06, 23:53
Topics are good sliced or put in the freezer too. :D

Good one Connie your quick tonight:lol: But watch out for the nuts might cause an allergic reaction in some people ! Then thats another thread surely.

connieb19
01-Dec-06, 23:56
Good one Connie your quick tonight:lol: But watch out for the nuts might cause an allergic reaction in some people ! Then thats another thread surely.
Oh no, don't mention nuts and skid marks in the same thread, that's just asking for disaster. lol:eek:

Bobinovich
01-Dec-06, 23:57
However I can eat a mars ice cream bar without slicing it but I'll save that for another thread....

Mmmm, do they even touch the sides LOL!

canuck
02-Dec-06, 00:39
Someone in Orgland agrees with me that the only way to eat a Mars bar is whole. At this point in the poll taking, 2 of us have voted disagree.

In fact I have never heard of having them sliced. Once they are sliced do you spread them with jam? Do you put them in a cocktail like ricco was suggesting? Or is this just one of those slow Friday evenings in Caithness?

sweetpea
02-Dec-06, 00:51
Granty the men in white coats are coming to get you. If you really want to know the ins and outs of mars bars ask Marianne Faithfull and Mick Jagger about their experiences with them. lol

htwood
02-Dec-06, 05:56
I disagree that Mars bars taste better when sliced, but agree that granty truly believes that they do. I would just cram the whole thing in my mouth and be done with the fussy slicing and arranging on china plate.

I had a friend who was convinced that a cup of tea tasted better in a fine porcelain teacup. But my truth is, the best cup of tea I ever had was from a tin cup at the top of a snowy mountain.

lassieinfife
02-Dec-06, 09:07
sliced, frozen and then let them melt slowly in your mouth without chewing .......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

elaine
02-Dec-06, 10:51
Or.........what about Coke?

It tastes soooooo much better out of a can than out of a bottle!

connieb19
02-Dec-06, 10:55
Or.........what about Coke?

It tastes soooooo much better out of a can than out of a bottle!
You're right, but it's even better if you can get the glass bottles, I hardly ever see them though.

crashbandicoot1979
02-Dec-06, 13:38
Granty the men in white coats are coming to get you. If you really want to know the ins and outs of mars bars ask Marianne Faithfull and Mick Jagger about their experiences with them. lol

Oh no, don't be giving him ideas :lol:

crashbandicoot1979
02-Dec-06, 13:40
You're right, but it's even better if you can get the glass bottles, I hardly ever see them though.

Thats true, it always tastes better out of glass bottles but I haven't seen them in years. I hate the taste of any fizzy juice out of plastic bottles, don't know why but I definitely prefer it from cans. Maybe its the taste of the aluminium :confused

connieb19
02-Dec-06, 13:41
Lochshell filling station do the glass bottles, they're brilliant. :)

Alice in Blunderland
02-Dec-06, 13:44
I dont drink coke from a plastic tumbler in fact I dont like to drink any juice from a plastic tumbler :confused it just isnt the same !!!!????? cant explain that one so maybe the men in white coats will have to lock me up too.

willowbankbear
02-Dec-06, 13:46
Glass bottles of Irn Bru are even better than Coke in a glass bottle

connieb19
02-Dec-06, 13:49
I dont drink coke from a plastic tumbler in fact I dont like to drink any juice from a plastic tumbler :confused it just isnt the same !!!!????? cant explain that one so maybe the men in white coats will have to lock me up too.
I don't like tins of coke if they are poured into a glass, I rather it straight from the tin. :confused And I know what you mean about plastic tumblers, I hate drinking from them too, but whats even worse is if someone puts coke into a mug, YUK!!

Billy Boy
02-Dec-06, 13:54
they finally took granty g away, and now there looking for alice [lol]

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/csk/CSK111/KS1097.jpg

Alice in Blunderland
02-Dec-06, 14:15
They're coming to take me away Ha Ha Hee Hee Ha Ha .Theyre coming to take me away. :cool:

Billy Boy
02-Dec-06, 14:24
They're coming to take me away Ha Ha Hee Hee Ha Ha .Theyre coming to take me away. :cool:

and cedric is after you lol,ha ha ha he he he ho ho ho :eek:

connieb19
02-Dec-06, 14:25
Must be something in the air today, OOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
02-Dec-06, 14:28

Oooh be still my beating heart :lol:

Billy Boy
02-Dec-06, 14:31
oooops sorry alice i ment he was being taken away after you, maybe it will be me who will be taken away next lol:roll: [lol]

or obiron will be after me wi a stick ha ha hee hee ho ho

Alice in Blunderland
02-Dec-06, 18:40
Tell you what if we are all taken away together I will smuggle a bottle of wine in with me and you lot can take the mars bars ;)

danc1ngwitch
02-Dec-06, 19:05
how did we get from mars bar sliced to boxers... oh wait i know, but canna say.. can you experiment by also dippin ur mars bar ??[lol] ok i'll hush ( covers mouth and sniggers )

canuck
02-Dec-06, 19:06
Support for the disagree side is growing. We are up to 3.

I assume that slicing involves cutting with a knife, so tell me, don't you loose some of the bar onto the knife, or do you risk cutting your tongue by licking it off? I'm sticking with eating it unsliced.

nightowl
02-Dec-06, 19:28
Take note Grant, I like mine room temperature and straight from the wrapper. Sliced and frozen reminds me too much of Scottish Slimmers!!

Billy Boy
02-Dec-06, 21:09
Tell you what if we are all taken away together I will smuggle a bottle of wine in with me and you lot can take the mars bars ;)

You will need straws for the wine & god only knows how we will manage to eat the mars bars any suggestions lol[lol]

golach
02-Dec-06, 21:12
Support for the disagree side is growing. We are up to 3.

I assume that slicing involves cutting with a knife, so tell me, don't you loose some of the bar onto the knife, or do you risk cutting your tongue by licking it off? I'm sticking with eating it unsliced.
I am with you Canuck, some of the .Orgers I have come across I would not trust with any sharp object [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
02-Dec-06, 21:56
I am with you Canuck, some of the .Orgers I have come across I would not trust with any sharp object [lol]

I dont know golach some orgers have quite sharp tongues :lol:

angela5
02-Dec-06, 22:48
The Harbour Cafe sells glass bottles of coke.

Foxy
02-Dec-06, 23:19
I eat my mars bar by cutting the chocolate off the ends and sides first, then i cut the nouget off the bottom and eat it. Then finally i eat the caramel last. now i suppose after telling you this i'll be carted off with Grantyg to the institute. :)

angela5
02-Dec-06, 23:31
I eat my mars bar by cutting the chocolate off the ends and sides first, then i cut the nouget off the bottom and eat it. Then finally i eat the caramel last. now i suppose after telling you this i'll be carted off with Grantyg to the institute. :)

As well as slicing the mars bar i also on ocassions nibble all the chocolate off then the bottom layer so i'm left with the best bit, the caramel.:D