PDA

View Full Version : Who's working over the holiday season?

acameron
01-Dec-06, 14:47
Im only working for 4 hours on New Years day, but it means I canna have a couple of shandies just in case. There is a lot of people worse off, so who is working on Xmas or New Years day?

footie chick
01-Dec-06, 15:00
I never get a day off christmas will be no exception. but I will have a few shandies or ten [lol]

young
01-Dec-06, 15:14
kids dad is working on the oil rigs over christmas and newyear!!!:(

Lavenderblue2
01-Dec-06, 16:07
I'm working now - Christmas Eve - Christmas day - right through - Hogmanay - New Years day.... every meal time.... there'll be ten of us - yes, you've guessed it - I'm a housewife!! Do I complain – no.

Let's hear it for the tireless housewives! :)

LB

bobsgirl
01-Dec-06, 16:24
I'm working now - Christmas Eve - Christmas day - right through - Hogmanay - New Years day.... every meal time.... there'll be ten of us - yes, you've guessed it - I'm a housewife!! Do I complain – no.

Let's hear it for the tireless housewives! :)

LB

Well said Lavenderblue2, I wont be catering for 10 people but still know what you mean, Housewives get no credit for the work we do all year round never mind Christmas.
I will say that I wouldnt have it any other way. Hubby be the house-husband....Nah I prefer him doing the dishes....Lol :lol:

changilass
01-Dec-06, 16:27
Happy to report hubby has both christmas and new year off this year. He has worked both for the last 5 yrs. Only shame is he is missing out on mad friday as he is working.

htwood
01-Dec-06, 18:56
I have both Christmas Day and New Year's Day off from my away-from-home work.

My work at home is more than doubled during holiday season, so I'm glad to get back to the peace and quiet of probate by Jan 2. Of course, people die on every day of the year, so it may not be so quiet.

Fluff
01-Dec-06, 20:13
i have got an understanding boss who has givin me xmas day, boxing day and new years day off as my boyfriend isnt working those days.
we will actully be able to spend more than just a few hours together! yay!

*edit* haha justtried to post and got this - 1. This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

hmm can i wait THAT long??

Billy Boy
01-Dec-06, 20:28
Im only working for 4 hours on New Years day, but it means I canna have a couple of shandies just in case. There is a lot of people worse off, so who is working on Xmas or New Years day?

it's little wonder your so well off lol,working all those hour's, now a know why they say your a hound for the pound[lol]

golach
01-Dec-06, 20:43
As a trainee Senior Citizen I am getting all the local and national holidays :lol: ........But I still like to take the odd sickie [lol]

TRUCKER
01-Dec-06, 22:00
I will be working all over the holidays.

mums angels
01-Dec-06, 22:54
Hubby working offshore im Africa for xmas and new year:(

willowbankbear
01-Dec-06, 23:10
I thought I was but at the moment Im not sure? Mrs Bear is working NYD but has xmas day off.

Saxo01
01-Dec-06, 23:15
im working xmas day as usual, what do you do offshore wbb

acameron
01-Dec-06, 23:52
it's little wonder your so well off lol,working all those hour's, now a know why they say your a hound for the pound[lol]

As a xmas present to you and Mrs Billyboy... I will let you do it, now what did you get me?

sweetpea
02-Dec-06, 00:20
I'm trying to use up leave the now. I finish at 5pm on Thursday 21st and go back on Monday 7th Jan. I can't wait to let my hair down, no woner the americans call it Happy Holidays:Razz

Scaraben1976
02-Dec-06, 01:18
I, along with othere at Dounreay, are having to work. And my shift has the worst, we think.

We should be off for the weekend before Christmas, but we start back shift on the 25th, so we are just leavin ght ehouse as everyone is tucking into their, and we are on that till the 28th.

Then we are on night shift the 29th, 30th, 31st, meaning we officially start work as the bells are happening. But traditionally this shift goes in a bit early so that the beck shift can get home in time for the bell.

I finish work at 8am on the first, and that si me of for 2 days, so will have a few cold ones ready in the fridge!

H Bob
03-Dec-06, 20:36
Hi Scaraben 1976
Heard of people going to Dounreay but never heard of anyone actually working there.
Marry Xmas

scorrie
03-Dec-06, 21:01
Santa and Tescos Staff

Wellies
03-Dec-06, 22:25
Husband goes offshore on the 18th and comes home on the 3rd. He has not been home for 6 christmases. boo hoo

North Rhins
03-Dec-06, 23:02
Down here in Stranraer, Morrisons are closed Christmas Day AND Boxing Day! That's two whole days that we can't shop for food, how are we to survive? How are we expected to get by? We've been buying in tinned food for the past two weeks along with dried food. We have a 40 square foot deep freeze in the outhouse packed to the lid fozen meals and bread. I just pray to God that it is enough.
I can't believe that a company the size of Morrisons wants to close for two consecutive days. I think that they are just pampering to their staff and committing commercial suicide.
If anyone has a recipe for preserving pork then please let me know, I've half a pig that's on the turn, I just can't find room for it in the freezer.

loneranger
03-Dec-06, 23:52
yeah i'll be working every day aswell got over 800 mouths to feed!:(

yes you've got it right i'm a farmer cows still need fed no matter what day of the week

still hope to get a dram or two thou!:)

WeeBurd
04-Dec-06, 00:14
As MrBurd will be working on Boxing Day, Hogmanay & New Years Day, he'll no be allowed any drammies so will be super crabby! Best keep out of his way [lol] !

Foxy
04-Dec-06, 01:25
Me and hubby will be working every day over the festive season. Unfortunately the cattle and sheep won't feed themselves and the family will also expect me to feed them too lol.

Lucy
04-Dec-06, 09:13
Hi Scaraben 1976

Looks like your'e on the same shift as the other half. For me it means cooking dinner in the morning so its ready for lunchtime at christmas and then being left at home to keep an eye on the teenagers over the bells.

H Bob.

This now means that 2 people work at dounreay.:lol:

jay
04-Dec-06, 14:26
Hi Scaraben 1976
Heard of people going to Dounreay but never heard of anyone actually working there.
Marry Xmas

ho ho ho - Marry Xmas! a bit of a premonition there for scaraben? Hmm will he/won't he?

sharon
04-Dec-06, 19:43
hubby will be at home for christmas and new year this year first in 10years that hes not worked, but i am working instead!!

so he will be left in charge of kitchen and kids........so it will take me a week or more to get the house back in order, males arent as good and the females at multi tasking! [lol]

oldmarine
05-Dec-06, 05:48

One of the advantages of being retired: I won't have to work on Christmas or New Years day.

zappster
05-Dec-06, 11:08
I get home on the 14th(weather permitting) & am home for 3 weeks YIPPPEEEEEeeeee

sassylass
06-Dec-06, 08:10
Winter Break starts on the 22nd, I'll be off for 17 glorious days, ahhhhhhhhh

Woolie
06-Dec-06, 21:20
I will be working boxing day first one I have worked in five years so can't complain.

Naefearjustbeer
07-Dec-06, 15:43
I start back on boxing day through to the 1st of january. First time my shift pattern has given my christmas day off. Geuss what I was asked if I would like to work overtime on the 25th of December It didnt take long to think that the answer was NO!!