PDA

View Full Version : WICK- Tesco, Homebase and Argos

wick_boy
23-Jan-05, 19:24
LATEST INFORMATION ON THESE STORES.

Homebase And Argos have now applied for planning permission.

Wick Academy Football Grounds may be sold to Tescos.

The pitch will then move beside the airport.

EDDIE
23-Jan-05, 19:52
well i hope that all takes of definately better for the locals maybay a few less trips to inverness if that happens

captain chaos
23-Jan-05, 21:40
Neither Homebase or Argos have applied for planning permission as far as I am aware .

Ediston Properties the developer has, but this does not meen that homebase or argos have signed any lease with the developer.

I hope it all happens but its a little to early for the party yet.

~~Tides~~
23-Jan-05, 21:57
INFORMATION

may

Your use of the word 'may' means that you are not giveing us any useful information at all.

Wick Acadamy probably won't move behind the North School as aparently they have ground near Newton Hill somewhere.

I hope that they dont build on the Harmsworth. It looks bad enough coming into the town and being greeted by Lidls and that pitch was given to Wick on the agreement that it would be used as a sporting ground.
Where else could a Homebase or Argos go?

jambo
23-Jan-05, 23:28
i it was given to wick as a sporting ground but try using it as a sporting ground as it seems only wick academy can use it.

Gogglebox
24-Jan-05, 14:32
This just doesnt make any sense unless the Enterprise agencies are throwing Umpteen Millions at them

Where is ther customer base going to come from in Wick - the same people who service the shops which are going to be mostly affected by the opening of these stores

There will be no increased jobs as other shops will close and this will offset any gains so the pool of money being spent will be similar

People from outlying areas like Thurso may come more often to Wick but the journey to Inverness is now just a couple of hours where you have access to Argos, Homebase ( and the much touted in Wick and Thurso Tesco's) Plus All the other shops so is the desire to go to Wick for two/three outlets going to be greater than the desire to go to the complete range in Inverness - Next,Currys, PC World, River Island, Mothercare etc
If you lived in Dunbeath, Berridale Helmsdale, Brora or Golspie you are going to go to Inverness not Wick

It doesnt add up these companies didnt get so big by putting stores in non profit making places

However it would be great if they did!!

spiggie
24-Jan-05, 14:57
LATEST INFORMATION ON THESE STORES.

Homebase And Argos have now applied for planning permission.

Wick Academy Football Grounds may be sold to Tescos.

The pitch will then move beside the airport.

Why on earth should the ground gifted to wick for sports be used for anything else? If there is vacant ground by the airport, why can't Tescos build there? And what is wrong with the origonal site out the north road? We need another supermarket on this side of the town.

Gogglebox
24-Jan-05, 15:01
i agree maybe instead of letting Wick Academy use it they could try some other sports maybe even football could be tried for a change!!!

moshmosh
24-Jan-05, 16:57
What's wrong with the business park? Or is that just for actual businesses?

~~Tides~~
24-Jan-05, 17:19
What's wrong with the business park? Or is that just for actual businesses?

You are thinking of a retail park, where you retail things. A business park is for making things and call centres and the like.

wick_boy
24-Jan-05, 17:54
No, it IS actually called a business park, Homebase and Argos HAVE applied for planning permission for the grounds beside Lidls. And as you wrote ~tides~ I have given you positive information that Homebase and Argos are likely to be coming to Wick. The information that I have submitted is only what i know is true, therefore, as I said- I do not know if the harmsworth park will be sold but this is a possibility.

~~Tides~~
24-Jan-05, 18:01
Wick_boy,

Just becaused I questioned your post doent mean you have to go spouting off on an argument about something else which obviosly you dont know anything about.
Have you done tersuary and quaternary industries and Business Parks and industrial development yet in Geography?

slydog
24-Jan-05, 18:05
So wick_boy can I ask where do you hear all this information?