PDA

View Full Version : Pick up a penny and it will bring you good luck!!

tennents
28-Jul-12, 02:18
Who made this one up?
When i was down town today with my Fiance and child, we seen 1p sitting on the ground, my fiance picks it up hands it to me and says now we have good luck. (i did say i didn't want it, and now we both regret taking it)

During coronation street our television decides to blew up.

But worst this is this

We decided to let my 9 week old kitten out tonight, we had her for three weeks and i thought it might have been good for her to get out, But when she came in she was limping, we decided to take a look at her paw, which was in a weird shape, so we rang the out of hours vet.
When we arrived at the vet he said her paw was dislocated her paw, so she now needs to stay in and get pain relief tonight, and sedated or go under general tomorrow, x-ray taking tomorrow and then take it from there!

So picking up a penny is the worst mistake we have ever done!!!

pat
28-Jul-12, 07:57
If we did not have pennies you would not have pounds - watch the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

Always pick up any money on the street and put it in a charity box if handy or take it home to put in the charity box kept at home.

If in town after the school youngsters have been down for lunch the town has many 1, 2 and 5p coins as many youngsters especially consider them too much of a nuisance for them to carry, the small coins are irrelevant - all I can say is the parents have not taught them the value of hard earned money.

With friends children I often allow them to count the money in my charity box, this allows them to realise how much money has been thrown away and that the odd pennies here and there soon add up to make pounds.

Sorry to here about your mishaps.

Now you will never ignore a penny on the ground.

tennents
28-Jul-12, 11:23
If we did not have pennies you would not have pounds - watch the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

Always pick up any money on the street and put it in a charity box if handy or take it home to put in the charity box kept at home.

If in town after the school youngsters have been down for lunch the town has many 1, 2 and 5p coins as many youngsters especially consider them too much of a nuisance for them to carry, the small coins are irrelevant - all I can say is the parents have not taught them the value of hard earned money.

With friends children I often allow them to count the money in my charity box, this allows them to realise how much money has been thrown away and that the odd pennies here and there soon add up to make pounds.

No pat i never ignored it, we picked it up and took it home and that's when the bad luck's started :(

ducati
28-Jul-12, 12:25
Reminds me of a story of a couple from Kerry who moved to London where the streets were reputed to be pathed with gold. On arriving in the Capital and stepping off the bus one of them (let's call him Micheal) sees a £5 note just laying in the gutter. He turns to his friend (let's call him Patrick) and says "shall we pick that up?" Patrick says "no, it's been a long journey, lets start tomorrow".

oldmarine
28-Jul-12, 14:43

I agree with what Pat submitted. It's unfortunate for the one who had bad luck, but I don't believe picking up the coin caused it.

kriklah
28-Jul-12, 16:20
good/bad luck coins aside, hows the wee kitty today?

unicorn
28-Jul-12, 17:44
ah but what about the saying the bad penny always rolls back

tennents
28-Jul-12, 19:09
Hi all cuddles the kitty is now back home, she had a x-ray taking today and she has fractured her paw, so was all put in a cast and was sent home with medication, she has to go back in 3 weeks to get plaster changed etc and may have to be another sedation or under local, she is happy to be home though i had her resting and out of the way of my 1 year old all day as cuddles has to rest as much as possible, will post updates again soon.

So far vet bill is sitting at £155 if same treatment carried out in 3 week then that will be another £100-£155, so whoever done this to my kitten thanks a bunch, not only have you left me with a very expensive vet bill just 6 weeks before my wedding date, you have also hurt my baby along with my 1 year old's poor little heart!!

lisagrace
29-Jul-12, 00:12
the kitten more likely hurt herself accidently, I wouldn't let a kitten so young out but i think if she had been run over/kicked by someone she would have a lot more serious injuries

tennents
29-Jul-12, 00:18
The kitten will not be getting out now, the vet aint entirely sure what had happened but it is more likely it was kicked or ran over, but again can not be 100% certain, this is why i am not blaming anyone, i was want to know if anyone has seen anything at all, just so i can get to bottom of this :( Cuddles will defo not be getting back out until at least 6 months maybe longer depending if i get her neutured or not.