PDA

View Full Version : "Three" mobile network

Andrew
23-Jan-05, 16:52
Hi,

Does anyone in Caithness use the three network as their mobile phone network? I just got a nokia 7600 on "3", but it doesn't seem to pick up a signal. I am on the Wick side

cheers
Andrew

gravedigga
23-Jan-05, 17:07
My mate and her boyfriend are both on 3 and she reckons it's as good as Vodafone, so maybe there's network probs??

Tugmistress
23-Jan-05, 18:38
i use the '3' network and the only problem i had was one of the phones would not pick up a signal whilst others would. try your usim card in another '3' compatible phone if you can. i found the nec 606 would not receive a good enough signal, yet the LG i use now is top notch and older.

Dali
23-Jan-05, 20:20
The 3 network works on the back of o2 .
As 3 itself does not reach up here yet .

allie
24-Jan-05, 00:17
My son uses 3, we are in the Pulteney area of Wick and he has no problems at all with the signal.

Gogglebox
24-Jan-05, 14:17
I cancelled my contract ( Still fighting with them about it) after being repeatedly told i should have a signal and they were constantly updating the system all the time and the reception would be excellent in the near future however when they put my postcode in which is in Ormlie it kept coming up as i was in Strathy so i got sick of getting bursts of text messages through every few days that were days old and people phoning not getting through and leaving voicemail which because i couldn't get a reception i couldnt pick up so afer many calls costing between £4 and £6each to people who had no idea where i lived in relation to the uk as they were in India and also couldnt believe their computer system was inaccurrate i wrote to them and told them i was not paying for something that was not fit for purpose my opinion a waste of time and money on contract but maybe if its Pay as you go you wont have the same problems as if you cant phone you wont be paying unfortunately i had a 30 quid a month ornament
Not a fan!!

Geo
24-Jan-05, 15:17
As mentioned if you can't get a signal on 3's network it changes to O2. However if you are in an area with no 3 coverage and and poor O2 coverage then a 3 phone will be pretty much useless. Between myself and friends and family on other networks I find O2 to be the best up here so was thinking of going with 3 as there are some great deals on them.

Googlebox, it's possible you had a faulty phone as your problems sound extreme. Might be worth asking 3 to to replace it.

©Amethyst
24-Jan-05, 22:12
I've heard that several networks have been having problems lately. Orange had no signal yesterday, and Vodafone's been on and off... ah, but trusty t-mobile :D

Geo
24-Jan-05, 23:32
Orange have been bad over the past week or so. Very poor signal and none at times. A friend phoned them up and they said they hope to have the problem fixed by tomorrow..

Tugmistress
25-Jan-05, 12:57
has no one cottoned on to the fact that different phones pick up the signal with different strengths? whatever the service provider.
get half a dozen mates, all on the same network, stand in a group in a few different locations and look at what signal strength each phone is picking up.... it will vary greatly. this is what i was trying to explain in my previous post on this thread, hence i changed my 3 phone that only picked up the occasional signal to one that has never dropped the signal yet wherever i am in the county.

Geo
25-Jan-05, 15:21
Yes some phones have better reception than others, like any receiver. However if a phone doesn't receive a signal in an area where a: there is known to be good signal strength from the network and b: other phones pick up a good signal, then I would say the phone is faulty. If it isn't faulty then it is not fit for purpose and returnable.

meu04223
19-Jan-06, 23:15
james has a 3 phone and it works fine x x x