PDA

View Full Version : Asda off to a good start!

Corrie 3
26-Jul-12, 04:22
They say that competition is a good thing, looking at the crowds flocking to Asda in Inverness I think that saying is correct!!

Nice to see the fuel prices plummeting also............ http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/Fuel-price-cut-in-battle-for-custom-25072012.htm

All we need now is an Asda in Caithness!! Are you listening Councillors? Are you listening?

C3.............:eek:

Saveman
26-Jul-12, 09:59
Here, here.....bring in Asda!

Mr P Cannop
26-Jul-12, 10:29
Here, here.....bring in Asda!

aye i agree

joxville
26-Jul-12, 10:47
Anyone know what time it opens and closes?

elaine834
26-Jul-12, 11:00
I was impressed when I went on Monday and it was super busy, tesco should be worried! Asda in Caithness would be brilliant!
Is it not a 24 hour store too

squidge
26-Jul-12, 11:04
they are all mad - queuing up for a supermarket lol. I have shopping to do this weekend and Ill go then but I wouldnt queue up to go lol. Its MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Mik.M.
26-Jul-12, 17:59
Councillors won`t be listening Corrie 3. They are all in with Tesco. Allegedly ;-)

ducati
26-Jul-12, 18:51
What supermarket? Who cares? They are all the same. Believe me, I used to live in an area there were about 30 of 'em

balto
26-Jul-12, 21:10
Here, here.....bring in Asda!totally agree, asda is really good, we were away in blackpool at the start of the holidays and we went to the big one there, the prices are really good and so much choice, it can only be a good thing if asda come to caithness, preferably thurso as wick has the big tesco, but sssh dont tell my bosses lol.

Dadie
26-Jul-12, 22:26
I love ASDA, tescos, LIDLS, CO-OP (though I dont buy alcohol there anymore...ID needed and even then its 50/50 on getting it) and sainsburys .
I would love to shop around a bit more on the usuals and if a petrol pump (ASDA) were to come in, the prices would lower and that would give me big savings!
But I also love fresh farm eggs and proper butcher meat.
Guess I just like choice!
Ps Balto there are at least 3 asdas near and around Blackpool I can think of!
And a huge TKMAX and a sainsburys and at freeport there is a next clearance shop I love too.

2little2late
27-Jul-12, 01:04
Trouble is with these supermarkets, depending on which town or city they are located depends on how much everything costs. An Asda or Tesco in the south of England are going to be cheaper than the same ones up here, purely because they have a much larger catchment area and are much busier. So really we are no better off. Having said that, I shopped in Morrison's Alness today and I was very impressed with the cost of my shopping, so I am thinking I may use Morrison's for my main shopping. Even though it would be a 60 mile round trip I always have at least a half tank of fuel so, I would even fill up too as it is a penny cheaper than Tesco anyway.

madhatters
27-Jul-12, 09:10
hi quite agree about asda, the new store is brill, did you know they are opening one in Tain on 22/10/12, food only though. any cahnce can get a petition up for asda here

rob murray
27-Jul-12, 16:29
ASDA are creeping north, new shop being built just outside Tain, a town of c 4000, within easy reach of Inverness, which has 2 coops, Lidls and a recently built tescos....something has to go here