PDA

View Full Version : Tesco - what do you recommend

stekar
30-Nov-06, 21:37
I'm really impressed with the new Tesco's, the choice and prices are excellent.

Their own brand fishcakes, buy two packs for £2, are really nice.

What has anyone else bought that was good?

unicorn
30-Nov-06, 21:39
I had their golden vegetable rice tonight and it was nice and their pork and egg roll is good mmmmmmmm sheesh what a healthy looking diet :)

DarkAngel
30-Nov-06, 21:39
Tesco..I reccomend Everything!! Bought their Chicken Balti and Tandoori chicken that was on offer buy one get one free, They were lovely. GOt lots of chicken in it and was really tender..Also reccoment their own brand Coleslaw Mmm..Also their sandwiches are so nice and cheap aswell, Had a cheese and Onion one today for 74p. :)

connieb19
30-Nov-06, 21:41
12 tins Tesco coke/diet coke for £1.79

DarkAngel
30-Nov-06, 21:46
Thats really good connieb19, I wonderd if they tasted good or not, Suppose it would be good if ya got kids.

unicorn
30-Nov-06, 21:47
Their best range lasagne is loooooovely, expensive but good.

zappster
30-Nov-06, 21:49
We Had the fishcakes as well they were very nice with the dip

connieb19
30-Nov-06, 21:49
Thats really good connieb19, I wonderd if they tasted good or not, Suppose it would be good if ya got kids.
I usually dont like the taste of cheap coke but it tastes as good as the real coke. :)

connieb19
30-Nov-06, 21:51
Their best range lasagne is loooooovely, expensive but good.
Mmmm, and their cheescake from the bakery bit, quite expensive at £2.99 but lovely.

Fluff
30-Nov-06, 22:46
i love the tesco brand lemonade. much cheaper than other soft drinks with a nice lemony flavour

Rheghead
30-Nov-06, 23:00
I'm quite fussy about tinned food and Tescos ownbrand tomato soup is better than Heinz!

sweetpea
30-Nov-06, 23:00
I like mostly all their food but I keep buying size 10 clothes and when I get home they are that wee bit tight, need a 12 but in denial. I've never been a 12 in my life until lately but I keep saying I'll slim into it. I've been saying this for last 6 months. Anyone want to sponsor me to lose a stone? I don't mean money, just words of encouragement.

dragonfly
01-Dec-06, 00:07
cheddar cheese and onion pork sausages - lovely

sweetpea
01-Dec-06, 00:36
cheddar cheese and onion pork sausages - lovely
How will they help me lose weight?lol.

lin
01-Dec-06, 03:12
Tescos own gammon is very dry. No succulient juices.

Piglet
01-Dec-06, 10:29
kids enjoy the chicken pops & Creamy garlic Kievs are delicious - 2 for £3.

Chicken & sweetcorn rice, chicken, garlic & wine pasta is great.

angela5
01-Dec-06, 10:32
Tescos apple or orange juice tastes just the same as any expensive brand.
Also tescos own brand concentrated fabric conditioner smells lovely and lingers on your clothes, not like most own brands i've tried.

krieve
01-Dec-06, 14:07
The apple juice is really nice even better chilled ,:D anyone else notice all the ice cream yum yum. [lol]

obiron
01-Dec-06, 14:11
got jeans for the oldest and they were only £6.

footie chick
01-Dec-06, 14:15
Love their kids jeans they have adjustable waist perfect for the beanpole;) lol

krieve
01-Dec-06, 14:25
Love their kids jeans they have adjustable waist perfect for the beanpole;) lol
I usually have bother with my 2 beanpoles:lol: so difficult to buy jeans for and wearing a belt never seems to help so the jeans are perfect.

Uli
01-Dec-06, 14:51
The ryeflour :) it is perfect for baking bread and gives a nicer flavour than wholemeal... I was very glad to find tesco's wick carried it...

bluewickers
02-Dec-06, 10:58
The only things i would recommend is the cheap clothing for the kids and some of the electrical items. As for the food why traipse all the way down to wick when i can get my weeky food shop in thurso. May not have the best of food ranges but the prices are about the same if not cheaper (somerfields)

Did my food shopping there then went to tescos and quite a few prices were cheaper including booze

Fluff
02-Dec-06, 20:56
just remember:
cheap clothes = cheap labour!

young
03-Dec-06, 15:52
I'm quite fussy about tinned food and Tescos ownbrand tomato soup is better than Heinz!

i have tried the tescos own brand tomato soup on different times and 1 month it tastes really nice better than heinz but they keep changing the recipe and the ones they have just now taste awful i think anyway!

98elite
03-Dec-06, 20:50
The BIG pancakes from the bakery section mmmmmmmmm. used to take them up from Inverness, now they are home still warm, the kids love them too.

angela5
04-Dec-06, 11:42
The BIG pancakes from the bakery section mmmmmmmmm. used to take them up from Inverness, now they are home still warm, the kids love them too.

Yummy! i bought them this week, the best pancakes i've tasted in a long time.

Fran
05-Dec-06, 02:29
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/F100/0/55p.gif (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/talking_preview.jhtml?i=F100/0/55&partner=ZSzeb075_ZN)http://imgfarm.com/images/smileycentral/imbuddy/hear_me_talk.gif (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/talking_preview.jhtml?i=F100/0/55&partner=ZN) Jeans are only £3 and with the 20% discount they were much cheaper. The range of food is massive, would take all morning to see it all. Today I got 6 eggs for 9p litre of milk for 24p and lots of other goodies. None of us will be able to slim now that Tesco is here.
Photocopying is only 5p per copy.

dirdyweeker
05-Dec-06, 09:44
their own make low fat yoghurt at 8p each is a real bargain. Big sized pot and tastes lovely too.
Do though check your receipts as I was charged £1.49 for an iced biscuit on the opening day instead of 58p. Fortunately when I got home I checked my receipt and of course you get a full refund and the replacement for free.

Fran
05-Dec-06, 16:17
I was delighted to find the huge teacakes that you cannot get anywhere up here. Nice to get them again, toasted with butter, lovellllyyyyy! teacakeshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_1_43.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

the charlatans
07-Dec-06, 17:34
the tescos own brand nappies are fine, and he's been busy in them this week too, crawling and filling them and they've coped well. the Pampers are a bit cheaper just now than anywhere else (Co-op, Somerfield and Superdrug)

the range of food for 7-10 months is very good as is all the baby section but the cheapest place for the jars is Superdrug unless there is an offer on that is.

the essential clothes (vests/babygros) are very cheap, 7 vests for £5. Now i do feel guilty as said before, cheap clothes = cheap labour.

Tescos' is my favourite supermarket next to Sainsburys but i do like my butcher meat from the local butchers, Sinclairs in Wick do great chickens and spicy beefburgers.

its great to see Wick buzzing with the new shops, it is a shop at the end of the day but there's a right buzz about the town the now. long may it last.

Billy Boy
07-Dec-06, 17:47
12 tins Tesco coke/diet coke for £1.79

I was in tesco today and the coke has gone up by 20p since i bought it at the weekend, didnt take them long.
I also wasnt very impressed with the bread, when i went to get some i noticed that a few of the loaves were out of date by 2 days when i told one of the assistants he just stood there and waited for me to take all the out of date stuff off and give it to him, then he said ok and walked off.
I know they are bound to expect teething problems but a little bit of courtesy goes a long way

scrapydoo
08-Dec-06, 00:11
I recommend hubby to take my bank card off me because I'm spending a fortune!:evil :lol:

DarkAngel
08-Dec-06, 11:26
Id reccomend that everyone checks the dates on the food before buying them. My partner and I went shopping to Tesco last week and bought well over £100 worth of food..Bout £35 was baby food and nappies and milk. Anyway when we got home most of the things we had bought like fresh pizza and fresh burgers were dated for the following day..I was Mad that the dates werent longer, I ended up having to freeze half the things i got becoz i wasnt dated long enuff. Just a warning to yee all to watch the dates please.

Spirit
11-Dec-06, 10:34
The only things i would recommend is the cheap clothing for the kids and some of the electrical items. As for the food why traipse all the way down to wick when i can get my weeky food shop in thurso. May not have the best of food ranges but the prices are about the same if not cheaper (somerfields)

Did my food shopping there then went to tescos and quite a few prices were cheaper including booze

Some prices differ considerably. I bought a block of pastry from tesco which was almost 50p cheaper in tesco compared to Somerfield and it wasn't on any special offer that I could see.

WeeBurd
11-Dec-06, 12:34
Tesco's Finest Naan Breads (round at the bakery section - in a big paper/cellophane bag) are delicious, just like the ones you get from an Indian Takeaway, much better than the usually Sharwoods/own brand packet ones.

Rheghead
13-Dec-06, 13:29
I got a roast chicken that they flogged off cheap last night, £1.04p! Very nice too. If everyone got one though they wouldn't be selling them that cheap, so it beggers me why I'm telling you this!:lol:

annex
15-Dec-06, 11:08
I bought their Christmas cake look delicious so had to try it......... Cant get better i don't think! It's a must have!

sweep
19-Dec-06, 19:00
we had the tesco's gammon steaks but they weren't very good. quite pricy too