PDA

View Full Version : Killing The Butterfly

Colin MacDonald
30-Nov-06, 21:35
Just in case anybody listens to radio plays instead of surfing the net, this poster, an ex-Wicker, has one going out on BBC Radio 4 this Saturday (2nd December) at 2.30pm. It's called "Killing The Butterfly" and is a thriller set on the sleeper between London Euston and Edinburgh Waverley. There's a Listen Again feature on the web for 7 days after it is broadcast.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/saturday_play.shtml

http://arts.caithness.org/article.php?id=250

trinkie
30-Nov-06, 22:06
If a previous play is anything to go by, then this should be good !
Dont miss it .
I'll be there by the wireless..... Good luck.

Colin MacDonald
30-Nov-06, 22:47
If a previous play is anything to go by, then this should be good !
Dont miss it .
I'll be there by the wireless..... Good luck.

Thanks Trinkie, your kind words are appreciated! Your name immediately conjures up Wick, and looking out over a stormy sea under a big sky. So, double thanks.

canuck
30-Nov-06, 23:08
Please don't kill the Dealan. It is the only Gaelic word I know and I love it.
Butterfly = dealan = picture of God.

Thank you for posting the website. I don't get to be considered an expat Wicker because I lived there for only 3 months, but I do appreciate being able to find BBC programs on the internet.

trinkie
02-Dec-06, 16:59
I was there by the wireless as intended and thoroughly enjoyed a nail-biting tale as it unfolded from the depths of an underground car park in Edinburgh,
complete with gun shots, murder, a car chase, a train journey with a difference - and the rest, there was never a dull moment to top up my glass.
What a well written story - my thanks to Colin MacDonald and the cast - what cast? Surely it was all true ?

Trinkie.

Colin MacDonald
02-Dec-06, 18:54
Thanks Trinkie. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for posting your enjoyment too.

sassylass
02-Dec-06, 20:32
I had a listen too, but got interrupted. It was intriguing, though, and I'm looking forward to hearing the whole play later. ;)