PDA

View Full Version : christmas cards

funky-dunky
30-Nov-06, 20:36
hi i aint sure about this whole christmas card thing so i am just woundering when do people start giving out christmas cards???

DarkAngel
30-Nov-06, 20:39
Ive written my christmas cards in the begining of November..Organised this year for a change, I normally post mine out at the end of the 1st week of December..Ive honestly had a card givin to my by a late aunt in the middle of November..I mean C'Mon..Sadly she aint around no more, But if she was im sure id be getting it in November! ha!:lol:

funky-dunky
30-Nov-06, 20:43
lol ok and am sorry to hear about your auntie. yeah i have writting out my christmas cards just wasnt sure when to post them lol. thanks

DarkAngel
30-Nov-06, 20:46
Dont worry she been gone a while now, She always insisted on giving out cards early, Like a month early..Poor owld Wifey!! Wait until you get your 1st two or three cards in then post them out after that.:)

oldmarine
30-Nov-06, 21:11
Many start about December 1st. Some wait until almost Christmas day. Take your pick.

funky-dunky
30-Nov-06, 21:17
lol ok thank you i will wait untill i get my first card and then ill post it out lol as i dont want people to think am posting it out really early lol.

lassieinfife
30-Nov-06, 21:17
Received my first Christmas card today .................. sighs and what was worse it was from my sister who didn't put enough stamps on it so guess who had to pay the excess?:confused I post mine end second week in December

funky-dunky
30-Nov-06, 21:22
lol cool bad sister eh lol. thanks everyone. i have twins club on monday and not again untill jan so i might have to give them thier cards there and then lol.

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-06, 22:05
OOOhhh NNNNooooo I havent even bought my cards yet. :eek: Ah well makes it more fun last minute rush. ;)

unicorn
30-Nov-06, 22:07
I've got my cards just no presents yet hmmmmm

Piglet
30-Nov-06, 22:11
Ah well i'm taking the easy option & putting a bit in the paper.

Works out cheaper too.

candyfloss
30-Nov-06, 22:32
I've got my cards but i hate writing them out, i always feel i've forgotten on someone.

sweetpea
30-Nov-06, 22:41
Just an idea, if any workplaces that normally give out cards to each other would like to help the environment and a good cause you can contact Childline and get a poster that you all sign with your wishes and pay £2 for charity

Liz
30-Nov-06, 22:46
Just an idea, if any workplaces that normally give out cards to each other would like to help the environment and a good cause you can contact Childline and get a poster that you all sign with your wishes and pay £2 for charity

That's a really good idea!:D

Royster1911
30-Nov-06, 22:57
Dont you remember, in primary one at a cost of 1P per stamp. Now 2P.

funky-dunky
01-Dec-06, 11:40
yeah i bought my cards and in the end kept on forgetting people so i had to buy three packets lol.

golach
01-Dec-06, 11:49
When Xmas is past, remember to recycle your cards, a good way is to donate them to a nursery for drawing materials. Or if I remember Tesco and Boots down here used to have collection points.
When I was employed I was responsible for collecting and recycling, and quite often would collect about 100 kilos of cards from one Customs building

zappster
01-Dec-06, 13:06
Haha I we just recieved our 1st chrimbo card today...from a certain Madman in dornoch haha least it aint a picture of a bloomin lighthouse this year!!

candyfloss
01-Dec-06, 14:07
We just got our first christmas card today too, you'll never guess who from....................yep, Mr. Campbell [lol] [lol]

krieve
01-Dec-06, 14:12
Snap my first card today also!!! and you will never guess who from. [lol] :lol:

footie chick
01-Dec-06, 14:12
We got ours last week:eek:

obiron
01-Dec-06, 14:24
i normally have my christmas cards bought by now but not this year. but i have all my pressies except hubby thou.

funky-dunky
01-Dec-06, 15:15
i normally have my christmas cards bought by now but not this year. but i have all my pressies except hubby thou.

same here lol i have all my christmas prezzies apart from my boyfreiends even though i have gave him enough he has it all early as he seen them arriving lol. i have one small thing for him but i am thinking off getting him something else small.

anyone got any ideas on what to get a man???

young
01-Dec-06, 15:17
same here lol i have all my christmas prezzies apart from my boyfreiends even though i have gave him enough he has it all early as he seen them arriving lol. i have one small thing for him but i am thinking off getting him something else small.

anyone got any ideas on what to get a man???

it depends what your boyfriend likes or is into. Maybe try getting him some aftershave:confused

jings00
01-Dec-06, 15:19
i don't do cards, i give the money i woulda spent on cards to the highland hospice.

funky-dunky
01-Dec-06, 15:25
yeah i have him aftershave lol. isnt men hard to get presents for lol.

that is a good idea about giving the money to charity well i do that and also put out cards lol.

sweetpea
02-Dec-06, 00:58
I was going to tell you what I'm getting my man but I know he has a spy on here so he might find out. But he's into techno so it's something electrical and up there if you know what I mean