PDA

View Full Version : Travel from wick to shebster

chef4
23-Jul-12, 17:12
hello im wondering if anyone could help me I will be starting my new job soon at baillie wind farm near shebster and I live in wick and i don't drive so does anyone know of a way to get there by bus or other means thanks.

Alrock
23-Jul-12, 17:33
hello im wondering if anyone could help me I will be starting my new job soon at baillie wind farm near shebster and I live in wick and i don't drive so does anyone know of a way to get there by bus or other means thanks.

I'm guessing that you can't, what with the pathetic public transport up here... lol
Can I have your job please since you can't get to it...
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

billmoseley
23-Jul-12, 19:55
a bus from wick to thurso then the 940 number 73 bus to shebster should get you there for 10 ish

Dog-eared
23-Jul-12, 22:16
The bus passes the windfarm access road ( signposted ) just after Bridge of Westfield and about 2 miles before Shebster. The driver will know it.:)

rich62_uk
23-Jul-12, 23:08
There are earlier buses from Thurso, the Dounreay bus passes there around 7.30am. Not sure about the Wick to Thurso but surely there must be another Dounreay bus on that route ?

Big Gaz
23-Jul-12, 23:14
I know a lad that is also starting work there but he lives in Barrock, no idea if he will be prepared to swing round via Wick though to pick you up but if you p.m. me a contact number i'll pass it on to him

annemarie482
24-Jul-12, 00:13
thats a fair detour, but if you got a bus to thurso he might pick you up in passing? just a thought?