PDA

View Full Version : Fishing.

loganbiffy
23-Jul-12, 15:05
Hi folks.
I am wondering if anyone knows where I could spin/bait fish in Caithness or Sutherland?
I used to spin on the River Naver below the bridge but this is no longer permitted.

Anyone have any ideas where else I could go?

Thank you.

slinky
23-Jul-12, 16:14
scrabster pier old ola pier mackeral in just now caught loads other week better with feather then use the mackeral of the wall side when dark for dogfish, scrabster beach for spinning for seatrout of the slip at the yatch club you might even get a few bass ;)

loganbiffy
23-Jul-12, 17:40
Cheers man. I have done the pier before yeah. Was wondering if there is actually any rivers left you can fish without having to have a permit or fly fish!
It's mad.

George Brims
23-Jul-12, 17:46
You can bait fish on the Wick River. Don't know anywhere spinning is allowed.

starfish
23-Jul-12, 17:52
do you need a permit for wick river

loganbiffy
23-Jul-12, 17:52
You can bait fish on the Wick River. Don't know anywhere spinning is allowed.

Cheers George :)
Is it anywhere on the Wick river or just a certain part?

south view 7
23-Jul-12, 21:01
[QUOTE=starfish;965437]do you need a permit for wick river[/QUOTE
Yes.

starfish
23-Jul-12, 21:12
thats what i thought south view7 would you get it from hugo ross

south view 7
24-Jul-12, 20:23
Yes,hugo ross is your man,but the river is not mutch good just now , no water.

highlander101
25-Jul-12, 17:15
what a joke you can't fish sea water at the mouth of a river ?

George Brims
25-Jul-12, 19:12
I don't think you can. There are limits on fishing near river mouths since that's where the salmon and sea trout concentrate waiting for rain to fill up the river and let them move up. I remember a couple of guys getting done for that back when I was living in Caithness. Dunbeath or Berriedale I think.

slinky
25-Jul-12, 19:19
oh i fish it for bass and mullett coalies, and try let them stop me i cast into seaside bite opposite end from mouth see lots of salmon pass but thats not wot im after have numerous seatrout