PDA

View Full Version : Another grooming scandal

squidge
23-Jul-12, 14:32
A wee while ago there was much made on this forum of the case in Rochdale which involved the grooming of young girls. The thread is here

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?177294-An-Interesting-Statement-!!&highlight=asian

The replies on the thread indicated that there is something unpleasant or "wrong" with asian men which means they consider white women as nothing and so abuse them. I read this today on the Guardian and feel that is is worth bringing to the attention of those of us who posted on that - fairly heated thread. It makes an interesting read and leads me to wonder about the manipulation of society by the media.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/22/how-racism-takes-root?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

RecQuery
23-Jul-12, 15:11
The media manipulates everything according to their own narrative or to the narrative of the companies that own them. There are a few exceptions but the Guardian is not one of them. From small scale to large scale manipulation is all over the place, the hypocrisy is also ripe.

You can always tell who the media want the bad person to be because any photo of them is washed out and grainy and they dig into their history trying to find any little indiscretion.

billmoseley
23-Jul-12, 18:54
the media manipulated nothing of what i posted on the Rochdale post as i seen everything i posted with my own eyes not even the media can affect those. but i do agree the media hype up stories to make them a better read.

theone
23-Jul-12, 22:38
The media has a lot to answer for over all aspects of our lives.

There's no doubting that "they" hold the key to public opinion based on how they "spin" a situation.

The power media bosses such as the murdoch's have is frightening. But they're not alone. Even within the BBC/BBC Scotland/STV the party line is obvious.

The hypocrisy in the way many situations are reported is unbelievable, but we still buy into it, take the moral high ground and believe we're right.

Watch one episode of FOX news as a neutral and tell me the irony isn't rife.............

RecQuery
24-Jul-12, 07:50
The media has a lot to answer for over all aspects of our lives.

There's no doubting that "they" hold the key to public opinion based on how they "spin" a situation.

The power media bosses such as the murdoch's have is frightening. But they're not alone. Even within the BBC/BBC Scotland/STV the party line is obvious.

The hypocrisy in the way many situations are reported is unbelievable, but we still buy into it, take the moral high ground and believe we're right.

Watch one episode of FOX news as a neutral and tell me the irony isn't rife.............

We listen to BBC Radio 2 at work and the the bias is obvious especially on their more political programmes like Jeremy Vine. I used to watch the odd episode of The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes and it was pretty funny how preposterous they would get. The background of the presenters enters into it also and they all tend to be middle class and from the liberal arts and humanities side of the scale in the UK at least.

I have a standing comment in the office that BBC Radio 2 loves food and hates technology, with the exception of Twitter where they seem to get most of their stories. They profess impartiality but I've noticed they're very derisive of the non-approved opinion. There's a certain amount of moralising and pandering to uptight parents in there too.

RecQuery
24-Jul-12, 08:10
I had wanted to avoid tackling what the article was actually saying, but I've just read it again and got annoyed therefore:

Was the motivation of the white sexual predators to target a special race? Because every single target of the Asian gang was white.

Why is The Guardian trying to manipulate its readers into believing white newspapers are racist - instead of accepting that a group of Asian men in Rochdale wanted to rape girls of a different race? Why can't The Guardian accept that racism exists in non-white people, too?

It is exactly this manipulative sensationalism - that puts The Guardian on the same footing as The Daily Mail. But it's worse. The Guardian is trying to arouse dangerous sentiments - in labelling white people as intrinsically racist - where overwhelming facts point in another direction.

Fans of The Guardian really should expect better. They should find this kind of reporting shameful - and complain about it to their favourite newspaper. We really can make journalism better if we hold them to a higher standard.