PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations

Murchiemannie
30-Nov-06, 15:51
Well tomorrow being the dreaded 1st of December I've been looking at folks windows as I drive along....I know shouldn't do it , eyes on the road and all that..... but I get soooooo cross when I see the trees flashing their lights in the early dusk, both inside and out!! Ba! humbug! two weeks before Christmas is ample time to mesmerise us with all the bling. Maybe I'm getting to old for this malarky now.
What is the opinion of other Orgers?

angela5
30-Nov-06, 15:57
I was very surprised when i drove along Glamis road to find so many houses all light up. Why is people so early this year? 10 days before christmas i put up the tree.

footie chick
30-Nov-06, 16:05
Have to agree 10 days before is when ours are going up. The dreaded advent calendars start tomorrow I hate them and why do the go up to the new year I thought it was counting the days to christmas?:roll:

angela5
30-Nov-06, 16:10
Have to agree 10 days before is when ours are going up. The dreaded advent calendars start tomorrow I hate them and why do the go up to the new year I thought it was counting the days to christmas?:roll:

Ha, i only noticed that on the advent calenders i bought yesterday, next there will be calenders for the countdown to easter.:roll:

jim shoe
30-Nov-06, 16:19
maybe the folks in question have children

you can only put up with a few hundred mum mum mum when are we putting the tree up.

whens santa coming

please please please can we put the decorations up

before you either give in or run away and join the circus

as the circus is thin on the ground voila your answer

hanging head in shame

putting our tree up saturday:roll:

ps i really need to get my own e.mail as jim shoooey will kill me lol

funky-dunky
30-Nov-06, 16:44
hi i have my tree up because my little brothers were up to help me. its not alot that they come up so i decided to let them help me but i would never switch on the lights fair enough i had them turnt on for a couple off hours just to see if they are workin or not and i have not had them switched on since.

am i right to say that the lights in thurso are getting switched on, on saturday??

las123
30-Nov-06, 21:24
i think the lights are getting put on tomorrow night at 6:30pm. all the lights in princes street and trail street will be off for anour before hand.

funky-dunky
30-Nov-06, 21:27
thanks might see you there but dont know see how i feel tomorrow as i havent been feeling to great today many thanks funky-dunky xx

DarkAngel
30-Nov-06, 21:33
Poor Funky-Dunky get well soon wishes you way! I love seeing the christmas decorations, ALot of people switched on their xmas lights and decorations when the Wick lights got put on! I think its far too early and tomorrow would have been better date or saturday for them to be switched on. :)