PDA

View Full Version : county show parking

chirpy chick
22-Jul-12, 17:46
I thought it was disapointing this year with the parking at the county show. usually you don't have to pay but for some reason you had to pay £3 this year:(

Max
22-Jul-12, 17:47
I thought you always had to pay...........

scorpion
22-Jul-12, 20:05
Have always paid to park at the county show , you must have been sneaking in the last few years Chirpy Chick , what was disappointing was the fact that i couldnt park at my mothers house in springpark as everyone who didn`t want to pay the £3 filled every street in springpark !!

unicorn
23-Jul-12, 09:59
Our street was just the usual cars and we are pretty close to the showground, and as stated you have always had to pay for parking, I thought the venue was excellent this year and well done to the organisers and landowners for making the extra effort, Fantastic show and great lay out.

Koi
23-Jul-12, 10:18
Have always paid to park at the county show , you must have been sneaking in the last few years Chirpy Chick , what was disappointing was the fact that i couldnt park at my mothers house in springpark as everyone who didn`t want to pay the £3 filled every street in springpark !!

I couldnt get parked at my house due to the same reason. Ended up parked two streets away and had to carry my 4 heavy bags of food shopping and my son home from there. I left the house about ten to an empty street and came back to a backed street half an hour later! one of those days i wish i had the bairns buggy in the boot lol.

missmillie
25-Jul-12, 20:38
It is lovely to have the county show and it was great to see such a large turnout and something to do for everyone but the downside was certainly the parking. On Friday night when I got home from my work I had to park for a normal person a decent walk away, for myself having problems walking an impossible walk away. On Saturday I was blocked in my drive from 8am in the morning and had to cancel all my plans due to not being able to walk and lost out on paid work. It really spoilt it for us and also because our road was so blocked with cars it became impossible for cars to pass each other and several times watched with heart in my mouth as my car was nearly wiped out.

I'm not a moaning person, I'm not going to sulk over it because the county show is such a pleasure and doesn't come around very often...but I certainly would hope the parking costs would be lowered or at least a little help in avoiding such situation for future shows to keep the enjoyment for those living next to the grounds too.:~(

Buttercup
25-Jul-12, 21:25
It is lovely to have the county show and it was great to see such a large turnout and something to do for everyone but the downside was certainly the parking. On Friday night when I got home from my work I had to park for a normal person a decent walk away, for myself having problems walking an impossible walk away. On Saturday I was blocked in my drive from 8am in the morning and had to cancel all my plans due to not being able to walk and lost out on paid work. It really spoilt it for us and also because our road was so blocked with cars it became impossible for cars to pass each other and several times watched with heart in my mouth as my car was nearly wiped out.

I'm not a moaning person, I'm not going to sulk over it because the county show is such a pleasure and doesn't come around very often...but I certainly would hope the parking costs would be lowered or at least a little help in avoiding such situation for future shows to keep the enjoyment for those living next to the grounds too.:~(

I'm confused, your statements seem to be contradicting one another. :confused

crofter
25-Jul-12, 22:41
Exhibitors never used to have to pay for parking but this year they did

Croftergirl
25-Jul-12, 23:46
If you were exhibiting you got a stock car park sticker or a trade stand sticker. So you didna have til pay. It only one week oot o every 2 years e county show is goin to be in Thurso, so come on folk stop complaining n just enjoy it. The committee work really hard to put the show on, they can't be responsible for Parkin problems up the street. They do provide a car park and do charge for it, as you can I imagine a show like the county does not happen for nothing. I for one thoroughly enjoyed it, and am lookin forward to next years already.

crofter
26-Jul-12, 14:55
If you were exhibiting you got a stock car park sticker or a trade stand sticker. So you didna have til pay. It only one week oot o every 2 years e county show is goin to be in Thurso, so come on folk stop complaining n just enjoy it. The committee work really hard to put the show on, they can't be responsible for Parkin problems up the street. They do provide a car park and do charge for it, as you can I imagine a show like the county does not happen for nothing. I for one thoroughly enjoyed it, and am lookin forward to next years already.
Stock vehicle ticket only let you on showfield to drop off, then you had to pay to park in the car park, people on the gate wouldn't accept the stock vehicle ticket to let you park

Croftergirl
26-Jul-12, 15:11
Thatmust o been a mistake on e gate, cos e stock vehicle pass should let you park for free. I didn't have my sheep there this year thro ill health, so I don't know what actually happened. But it normally allows you to park for free.

balto
26-Jul-12, 20:59
yeah we got a free car pass aswell as the girls had the rabbit and guinea pig in the show, but as we live just across the road and dont own a car we didnt use it lol, all the passes had to be used by 9.30 after that they were void.

ducati
26-Jul-12, 21:02
yeah we got a free car pass aswell as the girls had the rabbit and guinea pig in the show, but as we live just across the road and dont own a car we didnt use it lol, all the passes had to be used by 9.30 after that they were void.

You should have hired a giant stock truck to deliver the animals! :lol: Don't want to waste a perfectly good free pass.

balto
26-Jul-12, 21:06
You should have hired a giant stock truck to deliver the animals! :lol: Don't want to waste a perfectly good free pass. never thought of that lol, but we just had to jump over the wall and we were there, it would have taken longer to drive round.