secrets in symmetry
21-Jul-12, 19:50
It's not quite over yet, but Wiggo surely has it in the bag. Tomorrow, it'll be

Fast and furious,
In a town called Paris.

Wiggo's my hero. :cool:

bluemafia
21-Jul-12, 20:32
Hopefully he'll win the sports personality of the year (but it'll probably be someone from the olympics)

secrets in symmetry
21-Jul-12, 20:39
Hopefully he'll win the sports personality of the year (but it'll probably be someone from the olympics)...which could be Wiggo. He's not finished for this year yet!

Sir Chris Hoy (another of my heroes) also rates Wiggo quite highly:
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18934242)

Sir Chris Hoy has claimed if Bradley Wiggins wins the Tour de France then it will be the "greatest sporting achievement" by a British athlete.

Wiggins is almost certain to become the first Briton to win the Tour on Sunday.

The 32-year-old leads Team Sky team-mate Chris Froome by two minutes and five seconds with Italian Vincenzo Nibali a further 36 seconds back.

"If he does it, I think this will be the greatest achievement by any British sportsperson ever," Hoy said.

The four-time Olympic gold medallist continued: "That's a big claim, but you cannot overstate how hard it is to win the Tour de France.

"There's a reason why no-one from Britain has ever done it before. I still have to pinch myself. It's just unbelievable."

Rheghead
22-Jul-12, 16:49
Well done Bradley Wiggins, not bad performance for a Belgian :lol:

secrets in symmetry
22-Jul-12, 17:01
Lol! We all know Belgians can't cycle!

Wait a moment, wasn't there some chap called Merckx who was quite good? :cool:

Well done Wiggo, what a fantastic achievement!

Congratulations also to Chris Froome for his second place, and for his selfless hard work in supporting Wiggo over the past 3 weeks.

Corrie 3
22-Jul-12, 17:16
Congratulations also to Chris Broome for his second place, and for his selfless hard work in supporting Wiggo over the past 3 weeks.
Thats strange, I thought it was Chris Froome who came second????

C3............:roll::roll:

Rheghead
22-Jul-12, 17:25
Thats strange, I thought it was Chris Froome who came second????

C3............:roll::roll:

That is correct and what an achievement it was from the Kenyan.