PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Tugmistress
30-Nov-06, 08:04
To go with what is on the front page ....
Taken from here (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=alerts;reg=1;sess=; )

Weather type:
Wind, Rain and Flooding

Alert risk period:
30/1106 0400 until 01/12/06 1200

Alert details:
This is an Alert for the areas mentioned below for Wind, Rain and possible flooding.

Wind
Strong to gale force winds will develop before breakfast time Thursday for most western and northern parts of the country. The worst of the winds(S-sw’ly) will be in the far north west of Northern Ireland, the western half of Scotland along with the Western isles and the far north west. Here mean speeds of 40-50mph with gusts 60-70 mph are likely.

Rain and Flooding
Heavy rain will reach the far west by about 0600z Thursday and spread east to areas from Wales northwards, to include parts of Northern Ireland, Cumbria, the whole of western, central and northern Scotland including all the islands.
Areas with a south western aspect will be worst affected especially any high ground. Falls of 25-45mm seem probable, possibly a little higher in a few places.
With river levels already high some flooding is to be expected.

zappster
30-Nov-06, 10:01
whooaa no here we go again..Thanks for the headsup Tugm

Wish
30-Nov-06, 10:26
Thanks Tugs, rain is here in Skye, its windy but no soo bad - YET:lol:

Ricco
30-Nov-06, 14:27
Batten down the hatches and dig out the anchor chains - the hoolies are back!

By the way, Tuggs - I went for the Olympus E500 in the end. Now I need to learn how to drive it.

changilass
30-Nov-06, 14:38
Came up the road from Newcastle yesterday, there were quite a few places where I was aquaplaning rather than driving north of inverness, but nothing too bad:D

cuddlepop
30-Nov-06, 15:56
Its still pouring but I think the winds dropping slightly.1st of December tomorrow Tuggy is the weather looking like it may turn less wet and more wintry:confused afterall its suppose to be winter.?
Will we be having snowball fights soon or growing web feet:lol:

Tugmistress
30-Nov-06, 18:43
Hi Cuddlepop,
for the moment we are all growing webbed feet :roll:
no sign of anything distinctly wintery yet unfortunately :(

North Rhins
30-Nov-06, 19:21
Does anybody know where I can buy a Caithness grade whirlygig with steel tie downs?
I thought Caithness was a windy county but down here in the Rhins it's fierce.
The wife hung some washing out the other day it was last reported just east of Belfast!