PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Gala

Mr P Cannop
20-Jul-12, 16:52
Doreen Macleod is allways asking for help at the local events so i keep on offering my time and she does not need my help it would be sad to lose our local gala and writes letters to the local paper asking for help and then turns down my request by saying she have enough help when she does need help

Corrie 3
20-Jul-12, 17:05
Mmmmm!!

Thats a hard one to comment on Mr.P Cannop !!
Have you upset Doreen Macloud in the past and she doesn't, for whatever reason, want your help but still wants the help of others that haven't upset her?
I am at a loss and I think the only one who can answer your question correctly and honestly is Doreen Macloud herself!!

Keep trying to offer your help and then at least you can say you have done your best.

Good Luck Mr.P Cannop.....your heart is in the right place!!

C3...........:):)

Mr P Cannop
20-Jul-12, 18:08
thanks for the comment as far as i know i have not upset her

Thurso Town Improvements
22-Jul-12, 14:35
Paul I am disappointed you chose to pick a public place to comment about volunteers as we have been through this many times.

I have spoke to you several times face to face about this and by e-mail. If we have a job that suits you we will certainly ask for your help.

Doreen Macleod

Corrie 3
22-Jul-12, 15:01
There you go then Paul, you have your answer form the horses mouth..(sorry Doreen, no offence intended)!

And Doreen is right Paul, this should not have been dealt with on an open Forum but should have been sorted out face to face!

Having said that, I hope they can find you some Supervised work because your heart is in the right place!

C3...............:)

snow tiger
22-Jul-12, 18:43
There is a time and a place for this, and should not have been aired in public on the org, talk about humilation. Glad the humilation factor has been edited from original post, pity half the forum seen it first.

Mr P Cannop
22-Jul-12, 20:02
ok sorry for any probs

cptdodger
22-Jul-12, 23:34
Doreen, it's all very well you editing your post, but as snow tiger said, an awful lot of people would have seen the unedited post. You are representing "Thurso Town Improvements" and I have to say that post was very unprofessional. I think you owe Mr Cannop an apology.

Thurso Town Improvements
23-Jul-12, 07:33
I apologies in my original post I was trying to explain the situation and given an example why, I never meant any harm. Paul please accept my apologies. Doreen

sids
23-Jul-12, 12:39
You weren't wrong to apologise, but the original post was enlightening and gave a quick, effective response to the original direct complaint. Thanks for that.

Mr P Cannop
15-Aug-12, 13:16
yet again Doreen Macloud is asking for help again in todays paper dated 15.8.2012

Corrie 3
15-Aug-12, 13:46
yet again Doreen Macloud is asking for help again in todays paper dated 15.8.2012
Doreen has stated on this very Forum that if any suitable jobs come up that you can do she will ask for your help, I would leave it at that Paul as I am sure Doreen doesn't need any hassle from you or anyone else!

C3............:roll:

snow tiger
15-Aug-12, 16:20
Don't see how P Cannop is giving any hassle, he was only stating a fact that was in the local paper today so the point you made that Doreen does not need hassle from P Cannop or anyone else is basically telling everyone to back off can people not voice an opinion these days.

Corrie 3
15-Aug-12, 16:36
Don't see how P Cannop is giving any hassle, he was only stating a fact that was in the local paper today so the point you made that Doreen does not need hassle from P Cannop or anyone else is basically telling everyone to back off can people not voice an opinion these days.
The post wasn't an opinion, Paul has an agenda because Doreen is asking for help but not asking him. I am not even sure if Doreen was asking for help in the paper today, the words I saw her use were "Lack of support and enthusiasm". As has been stated before, the Forum is not the place to sort out this personal issue, it needs face to face involvement!

C3...............:roll:

snow tiger
15-Aug-12, 16:43
In the advert in the paper today quote ( people helped out and mucked in, but we do need more volunteers ) this is to be discussed at a local meeting in September.

Mr P Cannop
15-Aug-12, 20:46
In the advert in the paper today quote ( people helped out and mucked in, but we do need more volunteers ) this is to be discussed at a local meeting in September.

thats my point

15-Aug-12, 22:02
Enough is enough.

Mr P Cannop, you need to go along to the proposed meeting of the Thurso Gala Committee in September.

The date of the meeting will probably be announced in the local newspapers.

This thread is now closed.