PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Cats Protection AGM

therealducati
18-Jul-12, 17:26
This is just to let you all know that the AGM of the Caithness Branch of Cats Protection is on Monday 23rd July at 7pm in MacKays Hotel, Wick. Several committee posts will become vacant including
ö Welfare volunteer
o To be responsible for all the cats being cared for by the fosterers
ö Homing volunteer
o Guiding the home visitors and overseeing the process of matching the right cat to the right home
ö Fundraising events organiser
o To apply for stands at shows, write to local businesses for raffle prizes etc
ö Fund raisers
o Vital roles which can be undertaken by a number of people under the guidance of the events organiser. Any help would be valuable, even if it is only at one event a year
ö Publicity volunteer (our headquarters, the National Cat Centre, can provide posters and press release templates to help in this role)
We also always need more people for the tasks of:-
ö Help line rota (enquiries)
ö Home visits (visiting potential adopters to ensure that the right cat gets the right home)
ö Trap, neuter, return volunteers- to catch feral cats, get them neutered and health checked by the vet and return them to site

If you are interested in helping cats in Caithness, but cannot attend the AGM, please do not hesitate to PM me for more information.

dousslesh
20-Jul-12, 21:26
Please try to attend the meeting on Monday. There are now so few members that it is becoming impossible to guarantee the future of Cats Protection in Caithness. It takes more than a handful of dedicated volunteers to ensure the continuation of this organisation.
Please help the members of Caithness Cats Protection ensure the continuation of this valuable and essential service.

Fran
21-Jul-12, 00:24
I would like to come but dont finish work till 8pm on monday

Liz
22-Jul-12, 13:40
I was a volunteer with Cats Protection for many years until I,sadly, had to give it up due to ill health.

It would break my heart if the local branch had to close due to lack of volunteers as I know, from experience, what a great work they do and how many cats, and cat owners, have been helped.

If you have ever received a voucher for neutering your cat, adopted a cat from them or been helped in any other way then PLEASE go along to the meeting to see how you can help keep this branch open. :)

Liz
22-Jul-12, 13:41
I would like to come but dont finish work till 8pm on monday

Have you pm'd therealducati Fran? :)

therealducati
22-Jul-12, 16:09
Anyone who would like to help but cannot come on Monday should PM me their email address, and indicate which roles are of interest to them. I can then send an application form (references are required) and the relevant role descriptions.