PDA

View Full Version : background reports

danc1ngwitch
29-Nov-06, 18:45
i was just wondering if you were in court and they said they were going to do a background report what and where do they go to get that. Or what info would they be looking for. I know that background report means background but where would this be gotton.

Antediluvian
29-Nov-06, 19:10
If its in court, am presuming this would be a criminal records check. In Scotland thats managed by Disclosure Scotland which perform the check. Am not sure the exact search methodology, but their website has lots of info

www.disclosurescotland.co.uk

chiccool
29-Nov-06, 20:33
If you were in court at Wick and they asked for a background report ,the Social Work Department has a court worker that has an office based up near the Wick Airport .They do Social Enquiry reports or Community Service assessments which they do at your local office or sometimes they can come out to your house.

melted_wellie
30-Nov-06, 02:50
i was just wondering if you were in court and they said they were going to do a background report what and where do they go to get that. Or what info would they be looking for. I know that background report means background but where would this be gotton.
What were you in court for???? Mind and hoover and get some fresh tea bags in for your home visit, first impressions and all that.

Jeid
30-Nov-06, 03:05
You usually have to go and visit the social worker, it's not a case of them coming to see you usually.

Generally, background reports are obtained by a social worker by asking you a number of questions about yourself... what you plan to do with yourself, do you think you'll re-offend etc.

danc1ngwitch
30-Nov-06, 10:30
What were you in court for???? Mind and hoover and get some fresh tea bags in for your home visit, first impressions and all that.

no it was not me that was in court... my X hubbie was for assulting me and he plead guilty so i got a letter saying something about background reports being done on him... x:roll:

sweetpea
30-Nov-06, 23:38
You usually have to go and visit the social worker, it's not a case of them coming to see you usually.

Generally, background reports are obtained by a social worker by asking you a number of questions about yourself... what you plan to do with yourself, do you think you'll re-offend etc.

Jeid's right. But if you have an opinion or you feel strongly enpough you can feed in to this process

danc1ngwitch
01-Dec-06, 18:15
thank you all for ur input xx