PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Wrapping

henry20
29-Nov-06, 14:35
Just been having a discussion with a friend who doesn't like wrapping Xmas presents - in fact, I do it for them, would you pay someone to wrap Xmas presents?

Jeid
29-Nov-06, 14:40
No... especially since you're doing it for free :D

bobsgirl
29-Nov-06, 14:42
I LOVE wrapping pressie, makes it feels more like christmas! Mine is all done and I have offered friends to do it for them. I would love to BE paid for wrapping but I personally wouldnt pay someone to wrap for me!

moncur
29-Nov-06, 14:45
No, If you're rubbish at wrapping (like me) best to buy cuboid shaped gifts, makes wrapping less awkward. or get those gift bags fae ur local newagent. makes life so much easier.

Or you can be a total tightwad and not buy anyone any gifts.

Problem Solved!

henry20
29-Nov-06, 14:46
Same here bobsgirl, I was in a shop the other day and the sales person asked the customer 'would you like it gift wrapped? ....... Only £1 an item' :eek: I would have thought they made enough profit without charging. I think a shop should provide it as a service. I'd happily wrap stuff for others for a small fee ;) but Jeid's too mean to pay!!

angela5
29-Nov-06, 14:49
No Way would i pay anyone to wrap gifts, i enjoy doing it myself and would not even want someone to wrap them for me for free.

crashbandicoot1979
29-Nov-06, 14:54
Don't mind wrapping christmas presents myself but I would LOVE someone to write my christmas cards for me :roll:

unicorn
29-Nov-06, 14:58
At 4 am when I am wrapping the big S stuff and my eyes are falling out I would gladly pay someone to wrap it :)

krieve
29-Nov-06, 15:04
No but someone should pay me who comes to my house every christmas eve, when i'm busy wrapping my own presents expecting me to wrap presents for them also and write christmas cards because they can't be bothered.:roll: :lol:

angela5
29-Nov-06, 15:07
who comes to my house every christmas eve,

Santa ??
:confused

golach
29-Nov-06, 15:10
A simple solution to this problem you are all having.
Ban Xmas Cards and Presents I would if I could.
Bah Humbug [evil]

angela5
29-Nov-06, 15:13
The biggest problem is buying the gifts in the first place, wrapping them is the easy part.

henry20
29-Nov-06, 15:14
How very true Angela!! I'm at stalemate when it comes to mens presents!! Seem to be doing ok for the girls though :D

angela5
29-Nov-06, 15:15
How very true Angela!! I'm at stalemate when it comes to mens presents!! Seem to be doing ok for the girls though :D

Socks.:lol:

henry20
29-Nov-06, 15:18
I think it'll be Whisky - same as last year, just a different variety :roll:

krieve
29-Nov-06, 15:42
Santa ??
[lol] [lol] no i wasn't meaning santa angela!

henry20
29-Nov-06, 15:43
[lol] no i wasn't meaning santa angela!

Must admit, I thought the same thing!! :lol:

angela5
29-Nov-06, 15:52
no i wasn't meaning santa angela!

Aye i ken krieve. Ain't it a bit late for your visitor to expect you to write out their xmas cards on xmas eve;)

krieve
29-Nov-06, 15:54
Aye i ken krieve. Ain't it a bit late for your visitor to expect you to write out their xmas cards on xmas eve Aye you would think so but thats men for you!!!:lol: [lol]

angela5
29-Nov-06, 15:59
Aye you would think so but thats men for you!!!:lol:

oh well that explains everything.:lol:

candyfloss
29-Nov-06, 16:02
I love wrapping the prezzies myself, its all part of the fun :D

henry20
29-Nov-06, 16:17
I notice all the 'I enjoy wrapping presents' posts are by females and all the 'take the easy option' posts are by men. Funny that :roll:

krieve
29-Nov-06, 16:18
oh well that explains everything.

Doesn't it just [lol] :evil

danc1ngwitch
29-Nov-06, 16:38
A simple solution to this problem you are all having.
Ban Xmas Cards and Presents I would if I could.
Bah Humbug [evil]

squints my eye's, poke's a stick at you... taunts you ( grump, grump, grump ) then sings the days of xmas... thinks then suggests you take my hand just like in that film wea the ghosts.. so hey take my hand and let me show you some sights.. takes grumpy by the hand up a hill, look grumpy look... is the cold north sea not beautiful... ops grumpy come back come back.. oh noooo ..help help.... hehehe ... [lol]

Billy Boy
29-Nov-06, 16:39
I notice all the 'I enjoy wrapping presents' posts are by females and all the 'take the easy option' posts are by men. Funny that :roll:

i have to say i enjoy watching mrs bb wrapping the present's, so i think you could call that takeing the easy option [lol]

unicorn
29-Nov-06, 17:16
I'm a woman and I hate it yuck. But then I also hate shopping I would rather give everyone gift vouchers but it seems the lazy option. :)

Sporran
29-Nov-06, 17:46
Just been having a discussion with a friend who doesn't like wrapping Xmas presents - in fact, I do it for them, would you pay someone to wrap Xmas presents?

No I wouldn't.

You're right enough, lol, henry20! OK menfolk, may I suggest the perfect gift for us weemin folk?

It's small, and doesn't require much effort to wrap....

It's perfect for Christmas, because it glitters and twinkles....

And it makes us feel special....

Jewellery !!!! :D

newlabeluk
29-Nov-06, 19:57
yes i'd pay i hate wrapping

Samuri
29-Nov-06, 19:59
I love wrapping pressies and I love giving them! :D

cuddlepop
29-Nov-06, 20:46
I wouldn't pay someone to wrap my presents but its nice when a shop asks if you it gift wrapped.:D

Bobinovich
29-Nov-06, 22:46
I'd pay Bobsgirl to wrap my prezzies - unfortunately they're all for her [lol]

If ma arm is twisted right up ma back then I'll lend her a hand, but sheesh I need to be screaming first LOL!

footie chick
29-Nov-06, 22:53
I'm a woman and I hate it yuck. But then I also hate shopping I would rather give everyone gift vouchers but it seems the lazy option. :)

Lazy or sensible option just think double the value in the sales ;). Tip for wrapping fave programme or cd on and a large glass of your favourite tipple time flys by.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Nov-06, 23:00
I dont wrap any of Santas presents they just go in one big gift bag.I got fed up of not being able to find the livingroom floor for hours in the morning and then panicking to tidy before the granny and grandads arrived.I love wrapping all the gifts that we give away and make a big effort with them......sometimes the wrapping and tag are half as much again as the cost of the present :eek: I know a fool and their money are easily parted but its only once a year. ;)

Ricco
30-Nov-06, 14:21
I also love wrapping pressies. I think it makes that extra personal touch and helps me feel more in the mood for the festivities. I like to imagine their faces when they open them. :D

Liz
30-Nov-06, 15:39
Don't mind wrapping christmas presents myself but I would LOVE someone to write my christmas cards for me :roll:

Me too!!!! I hate writing out cards as it take ages!!!

Piglet
30-Nov-06, 18:49
Me too!!!! I hate writing out cards as it take ages!!!

Just pop a note in the groat its far easier.

I love wrapping pressies.

Liz
30-Nov-06, 19:53
Just pop a note in the groat its far easier.

I love wrapping pressies.

Good idea but I've bought my cards so may as well send them!

oldmarine
30-Nov-06, 21:20
I'm a lousy gift wrapper so for our family gift exchange I had my gift wrapped professionally.

sweetpea
30-Nov-06, 23:19
I'm not in favour of anyone else wrapping them, cause it's like a ritual to me. I say a wish with all of them and put confetti and stuff inside them, just to gete a reaction ,lol. I don't really care what they look like and not a fan of things that look perfect but I like the feeling of power knowing that only I know what's inside and the look on the recipient's face when it's opened. Even in posh shops if they ask if I want somethign wrapped I say no. It seemss a bit naff.

sweetpea
01-Dec-06, 00:01
Forgot to say if anyone wants to do my shopping for me that would be great. i know exactly what I want and can wrap it, problem is going and getting it

Ricco
01-Dec-06, 08:56

Hey! Steady on who you are calling a female - I'm all masculine. :cool:

henry20
01-Dec-06, 09:00
Ricco, you joined the thread after that statement, but you must be an exception to the rule ;)

obiron
01-Dec-06, 14:21
Lazy or sensible option just think double the value in the sales ;). Tip for wrapping fave programme or cd on and a large glass of your favourite tipple time flys by.

a large glass of vodka sounds about right while wrapping pressies but too much and its a disaster.
i dont mind wrapping as long as i have peace and a cd on.