PDA

View Full Version : Nethercliffe Hotel food!

DarkAngel
29-Nov-06, 13:14
Was there for dinner bout 4 weeks ago and it was awful, I orderd the Chicken curry..They didnt have any left, So i orderd the Lasagne and they said they has sold it to the last customer,Had another look at the menu and i orderd Sweet n Sour chicken..It was horrible, Tasted and looked like it was out a Jar and wasnt very hot either. I wont be goin there again. Food wasnt as good as expected and the prices too for the little portion you get was insulting!!! :roll:

dirdyweeker
05-Dec-06, 09:50
I have found the opposite. I have usually enjoyed the food even though most of it seems to be freezer food. The price used to reflect the meal but they have put their prices up. They do a beautiful salad, presentation is top class for it.

angela5
05-Dec-06, 15:07
I have found the opposite. I have usually enjoyed the food even though most of it seems to be freezer food. The price used to reflect the meal but they have put their prices up. They do a beautiful salad, presentation is top class for it.

Freezer Food :eek: Don't they employ a chef in there.
How wrong can anyone go with a salad, you don't need top grades for presentation of a salad.:roll:

DarkAngel
05-Dec-06, 21:37
It wasnt very good anyway and i wont be goin there again. The food that one of my friends got the sauce on the top of it was like rubber..Honestly it looked like thick custard on her dinner! Yuck. Also they should have "Most" things availabe on the menu, It was only a friday and 6pm they had 3 meals unavailable saying we have "just" served the last one, When the bar was clearly empty!! Just to let you all know this if your planning a night there for a meal.

Supermam
07-Dec-06, 13:35
It wasnt very good anyway and i wont be goin there again. The food that one of my friends got the sauce on the top of it was like rubber..Honestly it looked like thick custard on her dinner! Yuck. Also they should have "Most" things availabe on the menu, It was only a friday and 6pm they had 3 meals unavailable saying we have "just" served the last one, When the bar was clearly empty!! Just to let you all know this if your planning a night there for a meal.

Did you complain at the time? I don't suppose there is much they can do if you say nothing to the staff. I know they have a dining room there. Maybe there were other customers eating in there you did not see.

DarkAngel
08-Dec-06, 10:21
Yes i complained to the girl who served us i told her 3 meals unavailable was terrible..Yes there was a few in the dining room but not alot to get rid off all the meals.

angela5
08-Dec-06, 11:44
Yes i complained to the girl who served us i told her 3 meals unavailable was terrible..Yes there was a few in the dining room but not alot to get rid off all the meals.

There no busy so they are limiting their stock, Good excuse though, sold out.:lol:

Kaylzy
08-Dec-06, 17:44
Well the Nethercliffe is perfectly fine - and if you didn't like the meal very much well then thats in your own opinion, but the Nethercliffe have good customer service and food is immaculate and home made, really you should have complained to barman if you didn't feel the "the Girl" was not dealing with your complaint appropriately. I am also quite surprised it has taken you a month to write about this. :roll:

Kaylzy x:) x

DarkAngel
08-Dec-06, 18:51
Well at the time the girl just appoligised and i never said anything more. And Excuse me Kaylyz..But as u can see ive just joined the Org in November so that why i couldnt have started this thread a "Month" ago or i would have! :roll:

watman
13-Dec-06, 13:40
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at the nethercliffe. I have always found the food to be excellent and the staff really friendly. Maybe this was a one off. Have never heard a bad word said about it before

DarkAngel
13-Dec-06, 19:30
Yes it probably was just a once off.Hope so anyway.:)

Fran
16-Dec-06, 01:34
I had Christmas lunch there on Thursday and it was beautiful and no frozen food either. There were 4 different veg on the plate, all fresh, the best meal I have had in a long time. service was excellent too.

sms
16-Dec-06, 11:26
Sorry to hear you werent happy with your meal, but it was probably a one off i have been there several times now and its been lovely and the portions are the right size. Well done Jackie for doing a great job in the kitchen.