PDA

View Full Version : Tesco

Fran
22-Jan-05, 00:19
:) How about if Farm Foods came here, that would be great. Im told they are interested in the old Pentland Autos in George Street, plenty of ground there for a big shop and big car park.

girnigoe
22-Jan-05, 00:43
That would be absolutely magic!! And its about time they did something with that building its an eyesore!!

slydog
22-Jan-05, 01:20
I am pretty sure that this is just a rumor.

girnigoe
22-Jan-05, 01:22
Where did you hear this Fran? :)

EDDIE
22-Jan-05, 09:48
We have farmfoods down here in aberdeen it is very cheapAnd cheap food is what you get it doesnt taste what should and thats a fact.Ive said this before if you had an asda or tesco supermarkets you would be sorted
I think yous should all stop using sommerfield and then its a question of time before the move out and hey you must only have tescos and asda that are the only ones that havent been there yet so who knows.

EDDIE
22-Jan-05, 09:55
farm foods and iceland ar much the same style of shopping iceland is a lot better and popular

DrSzin
22-Jan-05, 17:31
FWIW I agree with Eddie's opinions on Iceland and Farmfoods. I used to live very close to both. Shopped there once or twice, but never went back. Fine if you like flavourless ice-cream, sickly-sweet puddings, cardboard pizza and batter or breadcrumbs wi' nae fish inside. Cheap food but nae taste. That was about 15 years ago, so they might have improved since then.

Does no-one else on here shop at Sainsburys? I tend to go there in preference to ASDA or Tesco, but for no particularly good reason. Gawd, can't believe I am comparing the merits of flippin' supermarkets ...

BTW I drove past our local Tesco for the first time in weeks this morning. Didna see eny Weekers loadan' up for 'e winter tho'.

Rheghead
22-Jan-05, 17:45
DrSzin wrote
Gawd, can't believe I am comparing the merits of flippin' supermarkets ...

I know what you mean, I can't believe I am talking about a hypothetical scenario of a supermarket planning !, no matter how snobby I like to think I am, I am still fully aware of my commoness. :lol:

linzy222
22-Jan-05, 18:50
[quote="DrSzin"]

Does no-one else on here shop at Sainsburys? I tend to go there in preference to ASDA or Tesco, but for no particularly good reason. Gawd, can't believe I am comparing the merits of flippin' supermarkets ...

You r lucky u have a choice where to shop, not like us up here :~(

When i go 2 inverness i go to farmfoods and buy loads of stuff,well u have to, even the supermarkets up here haven't much choice, not compared to the 1's down south!!

EDDIE
22-Jan-05, 19:06
Yes we are lucky in to have a lot of choice of shopping in citys sometimes i think we dont relise how lucky we are but at least now you can buy a lot more over the internet which can only get better as technology advances

Rheghead
22-Jan-05, 19:09
Yes we are lucky in to have a lot of choice of shopping in citys sometimes i think we dont relise how lucky we are but at least now you can buy a lot more over the internet which can only get better as technology advances

please tell me where I can buy an organnically bred chicken over the internet for delivery in Reay?

~~Tides~~
22-Jan-05, 19:17
Im told they are interested in the old Pentland Autos in George Street.

[Sigh] No they are not. I know who owns that building and its just a rumor.

EDDIE
22-Jan-05, 20:03
Rheghead you can get organnically bred chickens over the internet and you can get them delivered to reay no problems at all.
The chickens get sent in a hen-velope ![/quote]

linzy222
22-Jan-05, 20:06
LOL good 1

ferrarifanatic
22-Jan-05, 21:13
if somerfield gave us in wick the free vouchers they give in thurso it would help.see somerfield forum below

girnigoe
22-Jan-05, 21:41
Tides - If you know who owns the building do you know if they have any plans on doing anything with it?? :)

karl
22-Jan-05, 21:44
trust me, you are not missing much not having a farmfoods or iceland. you pay cheap but get cheap foods in return. they do carry some of the more well known brands, but thats about it,and they are not so cheap. the cheaper frozen foods are really poor, tasteless or bland, small portions.

Liz
22-Jan-05, 23:37
please tell me where I can buy an organnically bred chicken over the internet for delivery in Reay?

You can get this and much more from www.goodnessdirect.co.uk

I use them all the time and even get frozen goods sent to me!

~~Tides~~
23-Jan-05, 00:14
Tides - If you know who owns the building do you know if they have any plans on doing anything with it?? :)

Nope, its going to sit and rot untill it falls down.

Fran
23-Jan-05, 00:28
:D I was told that Farmfoods were trying to get into Wick by the Manager of Farmfoods in Fraserburgh.
I think they are very good, I have shopped at Farmfoods. It is not just "cheap,tasteless food" as some of you have commented, they do Birds Eye and Findus etc, much cheaper than we can buy in Caithness. I am sure they will be here at the end of the year. they may not get the old Pentland Autos (I know who owns it too~Tides~) but therer are plenty of other places.
As for organic chickens etc, you can order from Black Isle Frozen Foods or other Frozen Food companies whose vans you see here all the time.They will send you a food list and you dont have to have a big order. :lol:

EDDIE
23-Jan-05, 10:47
The last time i went in farmfoods in was quite a while back im talkin a few years ago i tried out some of there food there farmfood brands is very poor.One of the things i bought was bottle of salad cream and believe me it did not even come near to the proper taste of salad cream like you would get from hienz brands.It is crazy in my opinion trying to save money by going to places like farmfoods buying cheap quality food that doesnt taste properly.But on the other hand if thats all you can afford at that time then thats the way it is.The only thing farmfoods has to offer is very cheap prices for low quality food.