PDA

View Full Version : I need 2 adults willing to swim/float in kiiddy pool

Dadie
14-Jul-12, 00:33
And am willing to pay for the swim time as long as I can take the kids with me etc...I really need 2 adults as the kids are 2,4 and 6 yrs old.
And are screwed in getting them in the pool otherwise!....willling for me to do the getting ready/and the dressing afterwards etc.....jusdt need a surogate granny or two with the acual swimming!
Any advice ...........................which actually helps is welcome!

annemarie482
14-Jul-12, 00:56
i was told by one of the pool attendants there is some kind of free time thing when the rules are bent a bit.
although i havent used it as my 3 are 5yrs, 3yrs and 9 months and it just wouldnt be safe for one person to keep all 3 afloat!! lol
i just wait until hubbys home from offshore to help out x

porshiepoo
14-Jul-12, 08:18
Jeepers, that's an open invitation to every any weirdo in the community with a sick interest in kiddies to get their jollies!
Maybe you would be better off keeping the invite open to family members or friends of family members? I know that doesn't guarantee anything but it at least reduces the risk.

Maybe this is something that a few parents in a similar situation could all get together and help with? Seems there maybe a requirement in the community for this sort of thing.

good luck with finding a safe solution to this dadie, swimming is a great sport that I think all kids should have the opportunity to experience. :)

Kodiak
14-Jul-12, 12:44
Unless you REALLY know the person/s Very well, then that sounds dangerous to me. I kow I would never have done this when my kids were still young.

Beat Bug
14-Jul-12, 12:52
You could always look for someone who has been CRB checked, like a youth worker. I can't swim, but would be willing to help if I could.

Alrock
14-Jul-12, 12:54
By the sounds of it to me, Dadie is going to be present at the time, NOT dumping her kids onto some stranger to have their "wicked way" with. So stop your scaremongering & putting anybody off from offering to help in fear of being labelled a pervert for just offering to help someone out who's in need.

golach
14-Jul-12, 12:57
When my two lads were learing to swim here in Leith, I as their father was there to help their Mum. Dads can be useful at times.

BRIE
14-Jul-12, 15:51
Have you tried asking any teenage girls to help if they were students they would get in cheaper & you could just pay them as if it was for an hours babysitting, I know my daughter would be quite happy to do that.

Koi
14-Jul-12, 18:15
Hey hun i have a 2 year old myself and its a hassle at the best of times. I'm more than willing to lend you a hand with the kids. My partner and I can take our son, he can watch him and I can give you a hand with your children.

Dadie
14-Jul-12, 18:20
For those that think lm stupid enough for me to leave my kids with a stranger...Im not!I am going to be there watching the kids in same pool ..ie if they are in the toddler pool thats where I will be and I will do the changing kids in and out of cozzies too.Hubby could go swimming at the weekends, but, we would still be 1 adult short.Think my middle child has to be 5 (next year) before we are allowed to take them all with only 2 adults.I would like to take them during the week to tire them out a bit in the hols!

billmoseley
14-Jul-12, 19:42
By the sounds of it to me, Dadie is going to be present at the time, NOT dumping her kids onto some stranger to have their "wicked way" with. So stop your scaremongering & putting anybody off from offering to help in fear of being labelled a pervert for just offering to help someone out who's in need. Well said. you can be made to feel so guilty just because you want to help. kids are our future we should be able to look after and help them without being labelled a pervert

CHD1973
14-Jul-12, 20:01
Dadie,

I am sure that the Highland Council policy is 1 adult - 1 child for 0 - 3 years and 1 adult to 2 children for 4 - 7 years. If they are 8 and over and can swim they do not require adult supervision. I think when they have family fun sesssions the rules are relaxed a bit. I have twins and when they turned 4 and my oldest was 8 I could take all three in myself.

I hope this helps you for the weekends when your hubby is available and also means you only require 1 extra person to help you during the week and not two. With the twins we were offered help through Home Start for this type of activity but I am not sure if they still offer this type of service but may be worth a try.

patrick_boo
15-Jul-12, 11:43
It may be a bit far for you to come but if you are able to travel to Bettyhill bring them to North Coast Leisure Centre - our rules are more relaxed, it would be fine to come in with three little ones - we always have staff on hand who will help out if needed and as we are a smaller pool we are more geared up to help with situations like this. please call 01641 521400 if you need more details.

Tom Cornwall
26-Jul-12, 17:41
I always think that this is health and safety gone mad...have there been any instances where something has gone wrong..

Spongeboab
26-Jul-12, 18:33
off the top of my head i can think of 1 death in Inverness and 2 in Angus, Dundee and Arbroath, in the last few years involving kids under 8

balto
26-Jul-12, 21:04
they are doing family friendly sessions on a tuesday during the holidays 10 to 11 , it makes a hugh difference, i took both my boys last week as otherwise they wouldnt have got.

Dadie
26-Jul-12, 23:59
still cant do family friendly sessions as I need at least 2 adults ....and a weekday is not an option!
Weekends are even dodgy......
But as I said im willing to pay for the swim...and will do the hopping around in a towel thing ......so no hassle for those willing to help......

Dadie
27-Jul-12, 00:08
have done my bronze medallion and been in the swimming club for xxx amount of years....but rules are rulles!

Spring Flower
27-Jul-12, 19:47
Go to Bettyhill, I was there last week and had 4 kids in aged 2,4,6 and 8. The life-guard came through and sat at the side of the pool in case I needed any help.

rogermellie
28-Jul-12, 02:14
Go to Bettyhill, I was there last week and had 4 kids in aged 2,4,6 and 8. The life-guard came through and sat at the side of the pool in case I needed any help.

rather than saying 'thanks, i will go to Bettyhill pool', Dadie will obliviously continue to talk about herself , as is the Dadie way ;)

NLP
29-Jul-12, 23:41
they are doing family friendly sessions on a tuesday during the holidays 10 to 11 , it makes a hugh difference, i took both my boys last week as otherwise they wouldnt have got.

I asked about this in Wick and was told its not on during the week and I'd need to come at the weekend when it is on.

Spring Flower
30-Jul-12, 16:43
rather than saying 'thanks, i will go to Bettyhill pool', Dadie will obliviously continue to talk about herself , as is the Dadie way ;)

Oh I see! Bettyhill is excellent and it has a lovely swing park so you could make a lovely family day out. Dadie, as has also been said at the weekends you and your husband can take as the policy is one child under 3 with one adult and 2 children between 4-7 with one adult so you would be okay for the weekends. The other thing for during the week is book either the older two into the PPP and take the younger and alternate?

mumof2
30-Jul-12, 20:52
hi, me and OH are on a weeks hols so you could come along with us and A&A a day to the pool quite possibly have D&H aswell, then you'll have enough adults and other bairns to entertain the wee ones, result.