PDA

View Full Version : x99 Thurso to Inverness timetable ????

onecalledk
11-Jul-12, 18:41
Can anyone tell me if the thurso bus to inverness goes through Castletown? it used to then was re routed but then changed back again. Just want to check. Despite being on stagecoach and citylink websites the only information that I can glean is that it departs THURSO and arrives Inverness. Whilst this is all very groovy it doesnt help those who are trying to get on this bus between Thurso and Inverness.

THe list of timetables on the citylink website has no mention of Thurso - Inverness timetable.

thanks
K

Alrock
11-Jul-12, 18:52
Hmmm... it appears not....
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/Timetable_21980_X99%20Highland.pdf

gleeber
11-Jul-12, 18:55
Never the easiest site to access.
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/GetUpload.ashx?Id=5150

Kodiak
11-Jul-12, 18:57
Go by Train it is far more civilised and far less stressful. :D

MrChow
11-Jul-12, 20:29
Been quite a while since it went through Castletown and Wick. Now goes via Halkirk then straight down A9 and stops at Dunbeath where it meets with the bus from Wick.

igglepiggle
12-Jul-12, 16:45
I think the first bus does - give them a phone 893123

embow
12-Jul-12, 21:28
I think the first bus does - give them a phone 893123Castletown is no longer on any of the X99 timetables. If you are in Castletown you would need to go to Thurso (or maybe Gills Bay or Reiss) to get the Inverness bus.

badger
13-Jul-12, 18:58
I've just complained to Stagecoach about the timetables as the first Inverness bus (07.20 from Thurso) does go from Castletown but it doesn't show it anywhere. It changes its number when it gets to Thurso, does a loop round the church then off down to Inverness. Coming back on the 17.40 I booked to Thurso then asked the driver if he went to Castletown and he did ! Same thing, change of number. None of this is on the timetables and Citylink doesn't even show Castletown now so you have to book from Thurso.

IC
13-Jul-12, 23:25
The 0710 from Castletown to Thurso is on the service 81 timetable as are the two later runs. Thats why you can't book it on the Citylink website as it is not an x99 service.