PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Metal

ivyel2011
11-Jul-12, 15:20
Any extreme metal music fans out there ? I am not talking about the big four or Iron Maiden I am going on about Death/Black Metal/Grindcore that sort of thing ? Would love to hear your taste in these genres should there be people who like that sort of thing

the_big_mac
11-Jul-12, 18:05
There are a few of us, but we like to stay underground ;)

ivyel2011
12-Jul-12, 09:12
Why stay underground ? Is that because of personal preference or because of judgmental people criticizing your musical taste ? I listen to a lot of extremely hard to come by & controversial sounding black metal & by controversial I mean the lyrical content, to me the more raw the music is the better. But don't get me wrong I do like some death metal bands, one or two in particular. Stay metal though

Tuoni
14-Aug-12, 13:56
Hello there what Black Metal bands do you like? I like Finntroll, Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Darkthrone, Trollheims Grott, Burzum, Thorns, Khold, Horna, I also like Ensiferum, Battlelore, Korpiklaani Moonsorrow. :)

ivyel2011
17-Aug-12, 18:50
I have heard of the majority of those bands but I don't listen to them as I find their lyrics to be highly offensive, well for the most part anyway. Agathothodion, Flaskavsae, Suspiria Profundis, Crimson Moonlight, Frost Like Ashes are more up my alley

Tuoni
18-Aug-12, 19:15
What bands lyrics do you find offensive? and what is it about the lyrics that courses offence? :) As someone who likes Black Metal I am a little surprised;)

ivyel2011
19-Aug-12, 18:03
The satanism, even if it is only for shock value I don't agree with it, the black metal I listen to is all christian which you might find a joke but it is very good

Tuoni
19-Aug-12, 18:15
The only christian Black Metal band I know of is Drottnar, have you heard them? any others you think are worth a listen?:)

ivyel2011
19-Aug-12, 18:18
Yes I have heard of Drottnar, not keen on them though to be honest. Suspiria Profundis is about the most extreme and harsh & Verdelger is incredibly harsh and raw if your prefer the more raw material over the better produced