PDA

View Full Version : So they finally did it!

porshiepoo
11-Jul-12, 14:36
The murdering so and so's finally got what they wanted.
As soon as time was up for a final appeal they murdered Lennox, I bet they had people ready on standby to go the second his time was up. :(

A Belfast City Council spokesman said: "Lennox, an illegal pit-bull terrier type, has been humanely put to sleep. This was in accordance with the Order of the County Court which was affirmed by the Northern Ireland Court of Appeal.
"Whilst there is an exemption scheme to which dogs of this type (pit-bull terrier type) may be admitted as an alternative to destruction, there were no such measures that could be applied in this case that would address the concerns relating to public safety. The Council’s expert described the dog as one of the most unpredictable and dangerous dogs he had come across.
"Over the past two years, Council officials have been subjected to a sustained campaign of abuse including threats of violence and death threats. The Council has been in ongoing contact with the PSNI in relation to that.
"The Council regrets that the court action was necessary but would emphasise that the safety of the public remains its key priority."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/death-row-dog-lennox-destroyed-by-belfast-council-16183738.html#ixzz20JvB5tv7

I always wondered why BCC started pushing for Lennox to be deemed a dangerous dog when he so evidently wasn't. It seemed that a short while after there was rumour about the possibility of rehoming in Southern ireland BCC went full out declaring him a dangerous dog who had bitten all sorts of people. It never made sense to me at the time but BCC's statement above has finally solved it.
An exemption scheme would have allowed lennox to be rehomed even though he was deemed Pitbull type and I'd bet my life savings on one of the criteria that would go with that exemption is that the dog cannot be deemed a danger to the public.
BCC have Lennox deemed a danger to the public knowing full well this will exempt him from any scheme that would allow his release.
This fight was personal to BCC - maybe not initially but once the supporters started rallying trying to force BCCs hand it became personal - and BCC did not want to be dictated to. They knew exactly what they had to do to get this dog destroyed.

The sickest part is that the Barnes were not allowed his body. But we have to ask why. There were photos emerging of lennoxs poor body condition and skin condition which BCC denied (but never proved). Killing him and cremating him is the only way they could prevent his body being seen.
They even had the callous nature to inform the Barnes they'll "recieve his ashes in the post sometime" - I dread to think what this has done to that poor family.

R.I.P Lennox

tennents
11-Jul-12, 17:04
R.I.P LENNOX :( i did vote not to be put down :(