PDA

View Full Version : Any one else having a problem with our MSP?

Kenn
11-Jul-12, 00:18
I have asked our MSP for information , the first enquiry having been made in January to which I eventually got a completely irrelevent reply last month and no response when I pointed out that it bore no relevence to the matter in question.

Corrie 3
11-Jul-12, 10:58
A link for you Lizz.............

http://www.spsc.co.uk/how.htm

C3...........:)

WeeBurd
11-Jul-12, 13:33
Is it Ron Gibson you're talking about, Lizz? If so, I contacted him last September, and received nothing more than an irrelevant Out of Office reply, no proper response to acknowledge my request. Hmmmpphhh.

~~~Tides~~~
11-Jul-12, 14:06
Have never found the man to be anything other than slightly condescending and aloof. Have heard a few folk say that John Thurso has managed to be more helpful, even in devolved matters.

poppett
11-Jul-12, 14:39
John Thurso has a true interest in the folks of the County and will do his best to resolve issues regardless of your party politics. If the issue needs to be resolved at MSP level then I am sure he will liase and ensure the issue is correctly dealt with.

wavy davy
11-Jul-12, 15:21
John Thurso has a true interest in the folks of the County and will do his best to resolve issues regardless of your party politics. If the issue needs to be resolved at MSP level then I am sure he will liase and ensure the issue is correctly dealt with.

I'll second that. I've contacted John Thurso on a couple of issues - his replies have been swift and helpful.

RecQuery
11-Jul-12, 15:52
I've had no problems with either John Thurso or Rob Gibson. They reply quickly and with relevant information or answering the question.

Perhaps people here could post their questions and replies - any identifiable information redacted if you'd like - just to see if there's a pattern to the stuff.

Kenn
11-Jul-12, 19:57
The matters I have enquired about are both devolved so my first point of contact should be Rob Gibson as our duly elected MSP.
This I have done and am more than a little surprised by the response, perhaps I was accidently sent the wrong email but have not even recieved a response when I querried this or any explanation as to what had happened. I also feel that taking six months to reply is more than a little tardy.
With regard to John Thurso I have always found him courteous ,quick to respond and happy to help even with things that may not be within his remit.
I have decided that I will give Mr Gibson one more chance, fortunately the matters are not urgent although by the time I get a sensible answer they could well be!

starfish
11-Jul-12, 20:03
i must say john thurso and jamie stone where both excellent when we needed their help. Even when the wrote to the council for answers and never got a reply. But they never gave up and got the answers in the end.

pentlandlad
13-Jul-12, 09:34
I had the same, Rob Gibson just waffled and did nothing, so never bothered again, when i had West Minster problem John Thurso was quick to reply and dealt with it like a professional.

Kenn
13-Jul-12, 17:42
:lol: Got a letter of apology today from Mr Gibson and copies of the two letters he has sent to The HIE and Nicola Sturgeon at Holyrood, do you think he reads The Org?

Moira
13-Jul-12, 23:30
I doubt Mr Gibson reads the Org specifically. He probably googles himself everyday to find out what's important and what he needs to know.

I've done this for years and it always leads me back to Caithness dot Org. ;)

wavy davy
13-Jul-12, 23:34
:lol: Got a letter of apology today from Mr Gibson and copies of the two letters he has sent to The HIE and Nicola Sturgeon at Holyrood, do you think he reads The Org?

Well now we know how to make him move. It illustrates the difference between him and John Thurso. One cares about the people of this county and puts his party second, the other.........

spurtle
14-Jul-12, 00:21
I have written approx 8 letters and a number of e-mails to Rob Gibson over the last couple of years, and have never received any reply at all. These were matters of considerable concern to me but obviously not to him. John Thurso and Jamie were always very quick and helpful in replying, even if they were not always able to resolve an issue.
I am not impressed at all.