PDA

View Full Version : Outer Hebrides

billmoseley
08-Jul-12, 17:07
We have just come back from a weeks camping over in the Hebrides. What a wonderful and diverse set of islands each one having it's own character. The weather was amazing considering the weather the rest of Britain has been experiencing. In fact they have a drought with dry streams and wet lands that have dried out. If your into birdwatching and wildlife this is your place from Corncrakes calling to watch seal pups feeding from mum the islands have it all. So if you fancy a holiday not to faraway then i recommend them. Just thought i would share my thoughts.

Corrie 3
08-Jul-12, 17:23
Glad you enjoyed it Bill. North Uist is my favourite and have returned many times to enjoy the place and it's people.
Were you camping as in a tent? I ask because it is well known for it's strong winds and I am not sure I would risk a tent.
I could happily live there and even learn the Gaelic.

C3...........:)

billmoseley
08-Jul-12, 17:42
yes in a tent we are seasoned campers and have camped all over Scotland. The weather was amazing over there no rain gear needed just sun cream. i agree North Uist is my fav too

poppett
08-Jul-12, 18:22
West coast island hopping. My all time dream holiday.

billmoseley
08-Jul-12, 18:52
West coast island hopping. My all time dream holiday. go for it Poppett the island hopper ticket is good value for money

oldmarine
09-Jul-12, 03:56
yes in a tent we are seasoned campers and have camped all over Scotland. The weather was amazing over there no rain gear needed just sun cream. i agree North Uist is my fav too

When I was younger this old body could handle tents, etc. But now at 87 years of age that is now far in my past.

pat
09-Jul-12, 09:26
and you did not pop in Bill - shame on you! Would have loved to meet up with you, there is always next time.