PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Public Toilets

Jerrico
07-Jul-12, 01:44
Do you know the new public toilets being built in Thurso across the road from the Tourist information office will have 20p entrance fee when opened, alright for tourist who know no better but for locals caught sort its inconvenience having pay 20p; what happens if you need a poo and don't have 20p nightmare scenario waiting to happen!:lol:

joxville
07-Jul-12, 03:31
Is it so difficult to remember to carry a 20p coin with you just in case of emergency need? Is it an inconvenience to use the convenience? :-)

oldmarine
07-Jul-12, 05:14
Do you know the new public toilets being built in Thurso across the road from the Tourist information office will have 20p entrance fee when opened, alright for tourist who know no better but for locals caught sort its inconvenience having pay 20p; what happens if you need a poo and don't have 20p nightmare scenario waiting to happen!:lol:
What did people do before the new public toilets were built? The will have to follow the old plan unless they are willing to pay the price. [lol]

Corrie 3
07-Jul-12, 11:06
Does this mean the old saying "Spend a penny" will no longer be used?

Inflation has a lot to answer for...........

C3...........:roll:;)

focusRS
07-Jul-12, 11:35
The 20p per visit will go some way to the upkeep of the services and the new build will be a darn sight better looking than the eyesore that was its predecessor. A good deal at twice the price.

Alrock
07-Jul-12, 11:36
What did people do before the new public toilets were built? The will have to follow the old plan unless they are willing to pay the price. [lol]

They used the old public toilets which where perfectly functional, free & in the exact same spot as the new public toilets before they where demolished to make way for the new.
So how can you follow the old plan when the old plan doesn't exist anymore... They'll just have to do it in the street.

A good deal at twice the price.

2x0 is not 20p, exen ∞x0 is well short of 20p, so you can hardly call it twice the price.

focusRS
07-Jul-12, 11:44
A good deal at 40p. Nowhere in my post was 0p mentioned if you were to read it.

sids
07-Jul-12, 12:24
Here I sit, broken hearted.....

Mrs Bucket
07-Jul-12, 13:21
and??????????????

poppett
07-Jul-12, 15:05
Some public loos are even more expensive than 20pence.

The new toilets built in Golspie are free and both premises are Highland Council, so will they start charging a fee for the toilets at the harbour too?

Disabled customers with a RADAR key will be able to access the loos for free............but expect a queue when they leave with folks wanting to get in for nothing.

sids
07-Jul-12, 16:25

and??????????????

Here I sit, broken hearted

Spent four bob and only farted.

Alrock
07-Jul-12, 16:27
A good deal at 40p. Nowhere in my post was 0p mentioned if you were to read it.

OK... I did misread your post in a hurry to add a reply to my current post...

I still say that they can just do it in the street though, if dogs can then why not humans? As long as they pick it up & dispose of it in the correct bin. They even give out free bags in the council office.

focusRS
07-Jul-12, 16:45
If you are happy watching people push 1 out on the pavement and pick it up in a bag to save 20p then by all means crack on. Each to their own as they say.

ShelleyCowie
07-Jul-12, 17:51

Paid a penny....only farted :P

Anyhoo about the loo's. Good idea to charge 20p, i have no complaints. If its needed for the maintenance then so be it, would rather a nice toilet to go to, than the place it was before. Cleaners done a good job but they were still rather dingy and smelly

Kodiak
07-Jul-12, 23:18
20p is a reasonable charge in 2012. I have to many where the charge has been 50p or more in one of those supposed SuperLoos.

billy5000
08-Jul-12, 20:34
Hi

I dont think its a great idea as id rather use horizons as i would normally!
20p might sound small but consider the fact that you are paying for things like the water that flushes it/electric lights and somebody to clean it who gets paid by i presume the council!

we already pay council tax which covers what water this toilet will most likly use and they pay the guy/girl to clean it from PEOPLES TAXES so how much has a dump cost you again!!?

just remember its 20p now but what in a year?(and this is the council we are talking about!!)

i travel 40miles to thurso and use good old horizons which is clean and pleasent with a good museum and games for the kids while i crimp one off upstairs!!

save it for the tourists!

watch your council tax rise by afew quid ayear wether you use it or not!
and just out of interest does/will it have baby changing facilitys?

oh and another thing!
will the damn toilet seat be down when/if i use it and will we get real toilet paper not tracing paper since its costing to use it as these things can be picked up from lidls!:)

Eilanboy
09-Jul-12, 11:17
Usual comments as e4xpected on the Org.Original question Will the Council be charging 20p admission to the new toilets.
Simple answer ask them.
Toilets are no longer manned continuously therefore it would appear there will be no charge as in Golspie,Inverness,Kyle.