PDA

View Full Version : External Advertising on the org

crichton
06-Jul-12, 17:05
Hi,
is any one else getting frustrated by the increased 'advertising pop ups' on the org.

The usual org pages pop up quite quickly but the system slows down while the adverts are loaded - just no it is for Budget car hire, and planning for my retirement.

Appart from slowing down my PC it also gobbles up by download limit.

C

Kodiak
06-Jul-12, 18:42
I don't get any pop ups as I have all pop ups blocked.

crichton
06-Jul-12, 19:10
Hi,
great news, how do I do that?

C

Kodiak
06-Jul-12, 19:16
I use Firefox. If you have Firefox go to Tools then Options. Then click on content and in there tick the box "Block Pop Up In Windows" Then click OK.

If you are using another Browser I am sorry I do not know.

Serenity
06-Jul-12, 19:21
I would also install adblock plus. Have to say I am surprised with the content of some of the adverts I have seen, considering the forum is so highly moderated to make it "family friendly". Some of the ads certainly are not. I know the usual excuses about not being in control of them but I will keep adblock on.

cazmanian_minx
06-Jul-12, 19:51
Er, are you guys sure you've not got a virus? I don't have any adblockers of any kind installed and I don't get pop-ups. I get the banner at the top of the forum, but that always shows stuff that's related to my recent browsing history.

oldmarine
06-Jul-12, 20:45
Hi,
is any one else getting frustrated by the increased 'advertising pop ups' on the org.

The usual org pages pop up quite quickly but the system slows down while the adverts are loaded - just no it is for Budget car hire, and planning for my retirement.

Appart from slowing down my PC it also gobbles up by download limit.

C

Someone has to pay for the Internet costs. This is one way to do it