PDA

View Full Version : misleading

Doreen
05-Jul-12, 20:06
My hubbie and i went through to wick today to buy new bathroom furniture from homebase we saw a big sign on the stairs saying fifteen percent of all bathrooms and furniture so we thought we scored little did we know when we got to the checkout they said sorry but it does not include what we bought which was a long floor standing bathroom cabinet so i wonder if that is not furniture what does it go under there at it be wary signs can be very misleading:confused:confused

gmcborgie
05-Jul-12, 22:19
Report the matter to Trading Standards
http://www.highland.gov.uk/businessinformation/tradingstandards/

annemarie482
05-Jul-12, 22:31
there will have been small print on it somewhere, there always is.
or a wee star just after the offer to symbolise all is not as reads....
i was in yesterday, never looked at it that hard but knew it'd have restrictions like most offers.

Dadie
05-Jul-12, 23:51
I would have done all the spiel etc then said no thanks and walked away............slowly........
Amazing what they can come up with if needing a sale!

oldmarine
08-Jul-12, 04:51
[QUOTE=Doreen;961510]My hubbie and i went through to wick today to buy new bathroom furniture from homebase we saw a big sign on the stairs saying fifteen percent of all bathrooms and furniture so we thought we scored little did we know when we got to the checkout they said sorry but it does not include what we bought which was a long floor standing bathroom cabinet so i wonder if that is not furniture what does it go under there at it be wary signs can be very misleading:confused:confusedQUOTE]
My wife & I would have immediately left with the comment that we will go to your competitors to see what they have to offer.

poppett
08-Jul-12, 09:45
I was down on Friday morning and bought two boiler suits for hubby. Had a 15% discount voucher which was honoured no problem. When we discovered the boiler suits needed to be a size bigger we took them back for exchange to be told they would have to be refunded at the discount price and then I would need to buy them again without the discount this time......Had a voucher for the same discount for the following day so should have waited and taken them back then.

Before the lady did the refund I suggested if I had been a neighbour returning them for exchange as a favour without a receipt as it had my personal details on they would just have swapped the items without question..........."yes, that`s right" she said.

"Just pretend I am my neighbour then"............and she did.

Problem wasn`t difficult to solve, just needed a little thought before speaking.

Have found in the past with homebase in Edinburgh the prices creep up just before a big discount sale on kitchens and bathrooms and the garden machinery always seems to have the "discount included" but is often the same price as on the previous week.

Buyer beware as they say!

brandy
08-Jul-12, 11:12
so its the employees fault of the stores policy?
as some one that worked at homebase for three years.. and bent over backwards to help people at times.. i find that very insulting.
until you have walked a mile in their shoes, maybe you shouldnt comment?
now i do not know everyone that works there now.. as its been a few years since i was there.. but when i was there.. there was several very hard working individuals.. who did their very best to help others. it is also a min wage job, that is thankless, and very hard work at times. Many times i have been yelled at, cursed at, belittled and harrased because i was the person that was there for the irate cust. to take their anger out on. Even though.. the problem, personally had nothing to do with me.. it was my job to help sort it out. remember, the employees do not make the prices, they do not break the products, they do not make delivery late or try to make your life miserable. they are working to try and earn a wage, instead of living off the govt. they are people just like you. have feelings and emotions just like you. are human and fallible just like you.

pmcd
08-Jul-12, 16:54
An old refrain, but for anyone a bit big for their boots, please remember "ALL work is honourable". And should be respected as such. It's not rocket surgery.....

John Little
08-Jul-12, 17:02
An old refrain, but for anyone a bit big for their boots, please remember "ALL work is honourable". And should be respected as such. It's not rocket surgery.....

Do you include Bob Diamond in this aphorism?

pmcd
08-Jul-12, 17:16
I don't even include Bob Diamond as a member of the human race. To humans in society, the aphorism applies.

George Brims
09-Jul-12, 19:28
Was that comment prompted by this? - http://youtu.be/THNPmhBl-8I

Tinkerbell09
10-Jul-12, 12:55
Very nice of you this, Not. Now I know who not to call if I have computer problems.

Definitely agreed!

BRIE
25-Apr-13, 16:53
I went into Homebase to buy a shower found one that was reduced from £399 to £160 so off down to the till with it & got charged full price told the assistant it was actually reduced so she got the Manager who argued with me on the fact, politely told him there was a big red sale sticker on the product shelf with the price on,so he went upstairs came back down after taking the sticker off! to tell me no that offer has ended!! told him it was displayed at that price & his reply not any more do you want the shower or not!! my reply isnt printable!:lol:

Kodiak
25-Apr-13, 17:01
I went into Homebase to buy a shower found one that was reduced from £399 to £160 so off down to the till with it & got charged full price told the assistant it was actually reduced so she got the Manager who argued with me on the fact, politely told him there was a big red sale sticker on the product shelf with the price on,so he went upstairs came back down after taking the sticker off! to tell me no that offer has ended!! told him it was displayed at that price & his reply not any more do you want the shower or not!! my reply isnt printable!:lol:

If you see an offer like this again in Homebase I would suggest this. Take out your mobile phone and take a Pic of the offer. If they refuse to honour it say that you will contact their Head office with the photo as proof that the offer was advertised in the store. You should have a Date stamp on the phone. I know this has worked as this is what my sister did last year and she was given the offer.

scorrie
26-Apr-13, 23:29
I don't think much of Homebase in Wick. I was in recently looking for a 5 inch usb powered fan. The first guy I spoke to took me to where he thought they were but was wrong, then he took me to another section of the store where they "must definitely be", they weren't there either. Suddenly he reckoned they didn't sell them, but having checked their website earlier I knew there were 8 in stock. I was directed to the customer service who confirmed that there WERE 8 in stock but that they had no idea where they were. Another member of staff managed to track down where they should be, before a third person went off to look for them. The third lady was able to confirm that they were in stock. Hurrah, I though, but no joy because they couldn't get one for me because it would need a forklift truck to take this 5 inch fan from the warehouse. This was a problem for two reasons, 1. There was nobody in the store who could drive a forklift and 2. They are not allowed to drive the forklift anyway because the store is open and the store has to be closed in case somebody decapitates a customer with a 5 inch fan. Asking what my options now were I was advised to try again later in the year, when the warmer weather was in and by which time they may have put the fans out on the shelves. I am calling BS on that scenario, customer service HAS to be better than that. The best of it is I have complained before regarding a similar scenario and bags of compost which I could not buy because they had allowed the stock outside at the back of the store to run down and although there was a shedload in the warehouse there was no forklift driver. On that occasion I was told to order the items and was informed they would be taken from the warehouse for me to collect after 11am the next day. When I went in at 1.30 pm ( to make sure they had plenty of time) to collect my order I was told that it hadn't been picked and I had to wait around about half an hour for another guy to make up my order. The usual lip service was made about "taking my points on board" but nothing seems to have changed. I don't have time to keep battering on at management to get a better system in place and train their staff to offer a better option to customers than "come back later in the year". For that reason I voted with my feet and my wallet and had a similar fan shipped in from Hong Kong for a third of the price of Homebase and with free delivery. Shop Local? I wish I could!!