PDA

View Full Version : Double Glazing Warranty

RJM
05-Jul-12, 15:21
We are having quite a few problems with our windows and discover they have a pathetic warranty. Considering making a fuss or a change. What windows do you have and whats the warranty on fittings, sealed units etc?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Wont name the firm but PM if you want to know and avoid like the plague.

theone
05-Jul-12, 19:40
How long ago did you buy these and how did you pay?

If you paid by credit card, you might protected if the windows have failed within "unreasonable" time.

Kodiak
05-Jul-12, 20:11
We are having quite a few problems with our windows and discover they have a pathetic warranty. Considering making a fuss or a change. What windows do you have and whats the warranty on fittings, sealed units etc?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Wont name the firm but PM if you want to know and avoid like the plague.

I have sent you a PM with regard to "The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (Amended)"

smithp
07-Jul-12, 12:39
I've seen this before, the manufacturers guarantee on windows covers the frames and not the glass units. The glass units are always the bits that fail eventually.
One of the companies up here seems to have a very dodgy installation crew. I looked at a recent example of there work and I can only assume the crew consisted of Blind Pugh, Stevie Wonder and a drunken spirit level.

RJM
07-Jul-12, 13:16
The Glass unit has failed indeed. The warranty on that is 5 years. Does that sound reasonable? We have had handles snapping off, the mechanisms breaking and the sound proofing is appalling. All out of warranty.
The after sales service is rubbish as well.

I have had a few pm's and believe me I am not the only one having problems. I know of folk who went to the NHBC and the company owner didnt even to bother to turn up for the meeting!