PDA

View Full Version : County Show Friday

gillygirl
04-Jul-12, 17:24
Anyone tell me what time the County Show is open from - till, on the Friday? Can't find details anywhere:confused

Bill Fernie
04-Jul-12, 21:18
After 12 years of running Caithness.org I still find it is like drawing teeth to get organisers to publicise the dates and exact times of the events.

I get enquires sometimes almost twelve months before asking about dates of county show and galas from people trying to arrange trips to the county to coincide with these events. Often even where there is dedicated web site as in the case of the county show it fails to say when the events start and finish.

I keep trying and tell folk all the time to get the information out as far in advance as possible and up to a year ahead if they can to help folk wanting to attend.

I do not think it is deliberate just lack of foresight about how people make arrangements to visit.

The Whats On section has been running for many years with free entry for events but still this is not made use of by some events - again like the county show Friday night. It is maybe assumed that as its been running for many years that everyone knows when it is on - but they definitely don't as i can tell each year by the number of enquiries I receive.

Slo organisers please enter more information and complete a Whats On page for every day of your events.

It's easy to do if you go here http://whatson.caithness.org/submissions.php