PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Pokers/Lupins

L J B
04-Jul-12, 11:59
I don't suppose anyone has any Red Hot Poker Plants/Lupins that they looking to remove/get rid of as I am looking for a small quantity to fill up a border

Have transport so can remove and collect if necessary

Thanks

annemarie482
04-Jul-12, 21:23
i've been looking for pokers for quite some time, they are hard to get lol so good luck.
as for lupins i can recommend the puffin croft at john o groats, as i have bought many from there that are doing well. and at only £1 a plant you cant go wrong :)

linda.borgie
04-Jul-12, 21:38
Try Torrisdale Tunnel, Skerray as they have everything else

Bilge rat
06-Jul-12, 06:38
I have one of each in the garden if you want them. Have PM'd my contact details.

Scunner
06-Jul-12, 14:51
for lupins, buy a packet of sseeds, sow in some seed compost just now, and you should have flowers next year

poppett
08-Jul-12, 10:13
Lupins can be seeded from the plants in the autumn, just dry them off in brown paper and sow in the spring.

The glorious displays of lupins at the side of the A9 was due to my late brother in law doing just that............then throwing them out the cab window when he was waiting in the queue to tip his tar.

There is a lovely display of pokers poppies and lupins on the right hand side coming into Castletown from the Thurso side. Maybe the mannie would be happy to give a few cuttings. If you don`t ask you don`t get in this world.

L J B
10-Jul-12, 18:57
Many thanks for all the advice and replies I have received regarding this post.

I have now managed to obtain both Lupins and Pokers so fingers crossed they will grow okay.