Astronot
27-Nov-06, 11:24
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8305/stronglikeoxposterwhitetj2.jpg

Jeid
29-Nov-06, 13:58
Bumpedy Bump!

the_big_mac
29-Nov-06, 17:55
Yo, you need "backround" music that night? As always i'd me more than happy to help.

theboss
29-Nov-06, 18:06
As long as there are no more Iggy Pop moments!

the_big_mac
29-Nov-06, 18:14
As long as there are no more Iggy Pop moments!

Hahahaa, well, I'll be workin, so i dont think the owner would be best pleased with me throwing pint glasses at you!

Some soggy bog roll instead maybe ;) ?

theboss
29-Nov-06, 18:16
Hahahaa, well, I'll be workin, so i dont think the owner would be best pleased with me throwing pint glasses at you!

Some soggy bog roll instead maybe ;) ?

As long as you hit the other pair you can throw what you like Mr Mac.

the_big_mac
29-Nov-06, 18:24
As long as you hit the other pair you can throw what you like Mr Mac.

oh the choices!! ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
29-Nov-06, 18:43
Hope all goes well for the Caithness contingent involved. Enjoy!

Jeid
29-Nov-06, 23:34
NO IGGY POP MOMENTS! NO!

Thank you Mr Pepsi!

zebedy
30-Nov-06, 20:02
looking forword to this show

Astronot... im a fan yes

the ox lads heard there stuff on there myspace not bad

Project reno are awesome!

Still a major Tennesee kait fan though = (

shud be a good night

theboss
01-Dec-06, 10:34
Yes indeed, this should be a good one!

Strong Like Ox are FANTASTIC live, a REALLY powerful band with an enormous sound!

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing Project Reno live yet but i'm more than confident they'll impress and if you hang around after the gig (if you're 18+ mind) i'm more than sure they'll impress you with their lager swilling antics as well!

Zebedy, not ALL hope is lost for a return from TK, but could be a while!

zebedy
01-Dec-06, 16:55
sits with Fingers crossed with Tk t shirt on! **

lol

Cazaa
01-Dec-06, 17:14
Damn, when I first read that I thought that Therapy? were going to be playing.
Hope it goes well. Make sure you get a good review too.

theboss
04-Dec-06, 11:51
Damn, when I first read that I thought that Therapy? were going to be playing.
Hope it goes well. Make sure you get a good review too.

There's no reason a band like Therapy? couldn't play Thurso. Skinandi's has the stage, the P.A, the lighting, all that's required is the punters. If the venue owners and promoters saw that there was genuine interest and money to be made from bringing bigger name acts to Caithness then i'm sure they would jump at the chance.

The moral of the story...

Support your local bands/the bands that DO visit Caithness and we may start attracting bigger names.

killarifts
09-Dec-06, 14:28
There's no reason a band like Therapy? couldn't play Thurso. Skinandi's has the stage, the P.A, the lighting, all that's required is the punters. If the venue owners and promoters saw that there was genuine interest and money to be made from bringing bigger name acts to Caithness then i'm sure they would jump at the chance.

Support your local bands/the bands that DO visit Caithness and we may start attracting bigger names.

yep thats the way to do it

Jeid
11-Dec-06, 12:00
This Saturday folks... should be a good night of live music, and, if you're clever, you might end up in Skins for just £3! That's like getting your first two drinks for free!

theboss
13-Dec-06, 17:59
Can't wait. You going Jeid?

Anyone else coming?

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Dec-06, 18:03

Do you reckon you could get 400 people along, boss man?

Jeid
13-Dec-06, 18:53
I'm gonna be there boss man.

400 people? For who? Think the boss man has gone home for the day now.

theboss
14-Dec-06, 09:39
Do you reckon you could get 400 people along, boss man?

Hmmm, in theory yes.

The biggest crowd we had was at the Viewfirth one night when we had 4 local bands and a band from Inverness, over 250 folk paid to get in that night.

So, you would think that if that amount of folk paid to see some local bands then SURELY we could attract another 150 for a nationally recognised act?
Unfortunately the reality will probably tell a very different story.

I'll be sure to report back on numbers from this Saturday though.

The Pepsi Challenge
14-Dec-06, 15:11
The reason am asking, is because I was talking to Therapy? and a few other bands' tour manager a couple of months ago. He told me: so long as they could get 400 covers at, at least, £10 a pop, then, they'd be happy to go anywhere in Scotland (within reason - i.e. if it was within a 3hr distance). Therefore, it would be good if someone like yourself, whomever is promoting most shows in Inverness's Raigmore Motel, and Robert Hicks, got together and envisioned some way of taking bands of this ilk to the Far North more often. As it stands, it's a bit like an architects model: people doing the same thing, only in different places. In short, you might have to take a couple of financial risks to see if what may or may not happen. Personally I think Therapy? - giving their current status - would struggle to pull in 400 people in Thurso, but I've been proved wrong many times before. You seem a pro-active loon, Big Boss Man, I hope something comes of it for you.

theboss
14-Dec-06, 15:24
Personally I think Therapy? - giving their current status - would struggle to pull in 400 people in Thurso, comes of it for you.

Unfortunately, I think you're right!

I know that Bertie Hicks has contacted venues in Thurso previously regarding putting bands on. It's another date on their way to Orkney afterall (who seem to get the majority of the bands Beyond bring up these days). Unfortunately I think he has just stopped trying to persuade our venue owners now and am not convinced he would take the financial risk to actually hire the venue, but, there's no harm in contacting him and trying again and I might just make that a wee goal for 2007 for myself.

Personally I wouldn't take the risk as I have no financial backing, it's risky enough sorting out accomodation and travel expenses for the bands that do come up, fortunately we haven't lost out yet.

We'll just keep ploughing away at the local/highland band scene for now though until the chance arises to bring a name up who your average Joe Caithness will pay £10 to see.

Jeid
15-Dec-06, 11:54
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8305/stronglikeoxposterwhitetj2.jpg

Tomorrow night folks!

moncur
15-Dec-06, 15:06
if you're clever, you might end up in Skins for just £3!

Hows that possible? I thought Skins was only open to over 18s after the gig?
All those teenyboppers would have to leave!

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Dec-06, 17:25
Well, down here in the Big Smoke, such things would mean that those over 18 would be given a wristband, so they could buy alcohol.

Jeid
15-Dec-06, 20:24
Hows that possible? I thought Skins was only open to over 18s after the gig?
All those teenyboppers would have to leave!

If you come in before half 9... you'll be in Skins for £3, assuming you don't leave and you're 18 or over, you'll have gained access for £3... damn you're a silly one:D

Jeid
17-Dec-06, 03:08
Excellent night folks, thanks to everyone that turned up.

DOC ROCK
18-Dec-06, 14:07
Excellent night folks, thanks to everyone that turned up.

It was a great gig guys. Very well supported as well.

theboss
18-Dec-06, 17:25
Cheers Doc.

We had a GREAT time, both playing AND getting drunk with the other two bands afterwards.

The crowd were superb, they really got into it. Hope no-one got hurt down there? It looked crazy from where I was sitting!

Anyway, thanks to everyone that turned up, very much appreciated!

DOC ROCK
18-Dec-06, 20:36
Have you guys got any more gigs lined up?

goggs1987
20-Dec-06, 09:06
was a good night! enjoyed it!:Razz ... lol how many wall's of death have been featured on the Skins dance floor!?
I liked Strong like Ox .... a wide sound to them - kinda reminded me of Tool. couldnt really hear vocals tho.