PDA

View Full Version : Threatened to burn partner's house down

Nwicker60
03-Jul-12, 16:06
Drink triggered change of mood at party, sheriff is told

WICK Sheriff Court heard what happened when the mood in a convivial drinks session at a house in the town, changed.
Paul England punched a hole in a door and said he was going to self-harm and get someone to burn down his partner’s house!
The 21-year-old admitted yesterday having acted in a threatening or abusive manner at 66 Macrae Street, Wick on May 23.
David Barclay said that everything was “fine” in the music and drinks scene, until the early hours of the morning when an argument developed.
He said it might have had something to do with his then partner, Deborah Larnach’s ex-boyfriend and continued: “It was something out of nothing, and escalated because of the drink that had been consumed.”
After punching the door, England, who was staying at a croft in the John O’ Groats area, at the time, said was going to self harm and get someone to burn her house, at 37 Macrae Street, down.
Ms Larnach was “alarmed and upset” and contacted the police.
England told them that he believed his partner no longer loved him and had taken the view: “If she doesn’t love me, I may as well slit my writs.”
The accused apologised and said he never meant to do anything that would hurt or frighten Ms Larnach.
Solicitor Neil Wilson said that the relationship was over and England had since moved south to Chippin Norton, in Oxfordshire where he had found employment as a kitchen porter.
The agent added: “It was a foolish domestic argument triggered by drink”.
Sheriff Andrew Berry continued the case until July 16 for reports to ensure, in the public interest, there were no underlying issues.