PDA

View Full Version : 2 RAF planes have crashed in the Moray Firth

Big Gaz
03-Jul-12, 15:09
Just on the news that Wick Lifeboat has been called out to 2 RAF planes which have crashed in the Moray Firth. Had a look on the live ship site but not showing exactly where the accident happened although an SAR helicopter is in the area. No cause or casualties has yet has been reported

Niander
03-Jul-12, 15:15
Wow!
turns sky news on!
Yep on sky news 2 tornados down!
must of colided

mi16
03-Jul-12, 15:17
I thought discussion of local accidents was banned on here.

Big Gaz
03-Jul-12, 15:20
makes me wonder why i bother.....

Niander
03-Jul-12, 15:23
Used to see them flying all the time when i was down Portknockie
Do you see them alot flying around Wick area?

Gizmo
03-Jul-12, 16:05
I thought discussion of local accidents was banned on here.

Two jets crashing in the Moray Firth is hardly a local accident

annemarie482
03-Jul-12, 16:08
beatrice oil field is local enough for me!

i feel sick with worry,
really hope they managed to eject first.
really hope the fog beggers off to aid the search.

sitting in hope of good news :(

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/

update: MFR has just reported 2 crew have be found and are being treated, 2 still missing though :(

annemarie482
03-Jul-12, 16:25
more detailed update

http://m.stv.tv/news/109125-rescue-operation-launched-after-two-raf-planes-come-down-in-moray-firth/

mi16
03-Jul-12, 16:29
Two jets crashing in the Moray Firth is hardly a local accident

What do you call local then?
Your back garden possibly

Gizmo
03-Jul-12, 16:37
What do you call local then?
Your back garden possibly

The clue is in this forums title. The latest details suggest this incident has happened a little further south.

annemarie482
03-Jul-12, 16:41
to be honest, i'm not worried where it happened, more that it did happen and 2 crew are still missing :(

mi16
03-Jul-12, 17:18
The clue is in this forums title. The latest details suggest this incident has happened a little further south.

Does it, last I seen was the Beatrice field which is approx 25 miles offshore.

suth13
03-Jul-12, 17:41
If wick lifeboat is out it must be local.?

Niall Fernie
03-Jul-12, 18:39
Discussing something that has been reported on the news is very different to the threads we get speculating on an accident someone has seen or heard about through word of mouth.

mi16
03-Jul-12, 18:44
I have seen many threads closed on here over the years regarding accidents that have made the news.

oldmarine
03-Jul-12, 23:23
to be honest, i'm not worried where it happened, more that it did happen and 2 crew are still missing :(

You appear to be more concerned for the victims than most of the commenters on this forum. Good for you.

theone
03-Jul-12, 23:41
It's a sad time for all those involved.

Although it's right to hope the other 2 will be rescued, the reality must be, as time goes on, that gets more and more unlikely.

It just goes to show the guys and girls defending our country risk their lives day in, day out, regardless of whether or not they are posted in a warzone. It's a dangerous occupation and I thank them for taking the responsibility to do it.

With regards to the local accidents/rules debate, I think it is obvious that this is a matter of national, not local, interest, and nobody has been naming names or proportioning blame to individuals. Although sometimes I wonder if this forum is "over moderated", in this case I support the mods 100%.

If you don't like the rules, don't use the forum.
If you're honestly concerned that this might affect local individuals, family members etc, speak to admin. I'm sure they wll act.
Bitching and moaning for the sake of it is embarrasing and shameful.

Phill
03-Jul-12, 23:53
Thoughts for all involved, including the Wick crew who've been out searching. National news with assets from across Scotland and the UK involved in the search, not the thread for bickering about locality.

Kevin Milkins
04-Jul-12, 06:39
I fell asleep last night thinking off these unfortunate missing air crew and it was the first thing that came to mind when I awoke this morning, still no good news.

Would they have GPS fitted to them?

mi16
04-Jul-12, 08:05
I fell asleep last night thinking off these unfortunate missing air crew and it was the first thing that came to mind when I awoke this morning, still no good news.

Would they have GPS fitted to them?

No
Probably a PLB on the persons an an EPIRB on the aircraft.