PDA

View Full Version : Family Tree - Bremner of Pulteney Town

campbers
26-Nov-06, 22:51
Apologies if I am on the wrong bit of your web site/chat room, but if you know anyone who is looking at the Bremner Family Tree in the area, pass this bit of information on to them and lets see what comes of it.

I have a scrap book from the 1850 to 1890 period (approx) which has many bits of memorabilia from the Bremners on my side of the family (I am now an Anglicised Campbell via a Stalker who married a Bremner - I think!!).

Names mentioned include Ebenezer Bremner who died in Portobello in Edinburgh on 14 March 1871, Alex Bremner - who looks like he died in egypt in 1846, Catherine donald - described as the "relicit" of Alex Bremner.

Then there is mention of John Bremner - "third son" - died in Pulteney town in 1855, George Bremner - "4 son" - died Pulteney May 31 1875, and it seems there was a Donald Bremner (5 son) and (I think) Philias Bremner (7 son).

Also a funeral card for Barbara Bremner - "Relicit of William Bruce, Wick died Back Bridge Street June 23 1898 aged 87 years.

There is lots more. If its of interest, or if you know someone who is interested, let me know.

Campbers

Moira
26-Nov-06, 23:02
Moved from General.

Welcome to Caithness.org - hope you get a good response to your post here.

Tricia
27-Nov-06, 11:35
Not my family but have a look at

http://www.brebner.com/uploads/bre02917.pdf

Shows your Barbara Bremner m to William Bruce and family.

Tricia

marionq
28-Nov-06, 17:16
Yes, Tricia, I'm interested. My great, grandmother was Elizabeth (Betsy) Bremner from Sarclet but living in Wick at her death in 1904. Her father was Alexander Bremner son of John Bremner and I believe Catherine Bain (not his stepmother Henrietta Sinclair). Always interested to see more.

Marion