PDA

View Full Version : Windows Installer not setup properly/No Vista disc

Rheghead
30-Jun-12, 13:23
Hi
I've tried installing some antivirus software and other packages but I get the same message every time that windows installer is not setup properly, it seems to be corrupted as I've lots of stuff on the puter. I've tried system restore but to no avail so I'm pretty much stuck at the moment.

I didn't get a Vista disc with the computer as I bought it at Tesco but I do have a genuine Vista key code. The computer really needs a reboot tbh, is there anywhere where I can download a reboot disc or just set up the installer itself?

Thanks

Rheggie

Bobinovich
30-Jun-12, 15:09
Most newer computers come with a separate 'system recovery' partition which can restore your machine to factory settings. Often this is accessed using a key combination during system boot, or by tapping the F8 key from switch on and selecting Repair My Computer from the menu...once you get in it then often gives the option of a system restore to factory settings. If you're going to do it then make sure you've backed up everything you want to keep first.

However you might simply need to repair or uninstall & reinstall the windows installer. There are instructions to follow here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651) which may resolve the installer problem.