PDA

View Full Version : Heating oil and red diesel

lhm
30-Jun-12, 13:17
I see by the paper that Bruce lindsay coal are now selling heating oil.and red diesel on pump in any quantity that you want that would be good as it costs so much these days to fill an oil tank I take it that it is at the old Elm tree filling station.

EDDIE
30-Jun-12, 17:08
Its a pity u didnt know a lot of people with oil tanks yous could all stick together and negotate a better discount if u all get ure Fuel of him just a thought

Niander
30-Jun-12, 19:32
old Elm tree filling station.

Where abouts is that?

gerry4
30-Jun-12, 21:46
Just filled up my oil tank as it was at its cheapest in over a year

Kevin Milkins
01-Jul-12, 11:20
Just filled up my oil tank as it was at its cheapest in over a year

Did you get 4 cans full?

gerry4
01-Jul-12, 12:37
Did you get 4 cans full?

not from there but Simpson's. Would be interested to know the price difference.

riggerboy
01-Jul-12, 15:10
it works out to be about 3.5 per litre more expensive than simpsons at todays rate, if you were to buy 500 litres from simpsons, now given that you can get 100 litres from the coal yard at any time for about 69 quid, it does leave you room not to be under any pressure to try and save the 3 or 4 hundred quid you need for the full five hundred you have to buy from simpsons, i think its a good thing and already have my 4 25 litre drums at the ready for when i get home,

Bobinovich
01-Jul-12, 15:18
Did you get 4 cans full?

What are you like Kevin lol!

coalman1
01-Jul-12, 15:55
Hi rigger boy just to update you the latest price on heating oil from Bruce Lindsay is .66p per litre inc vat

Kevin Milkins
01-Jul-12, 18:35
What are you like Kevin lol!

I'm glad someone got it, cheers Bob.

dessie
02-Jul-12, 18:01
and it is 69p if you want it delivered..

Kevin Milkins
03-Jul-12, 07:26
It's a great idea to have this service available.

Gizmo
03-Jul-12, 14:47
Regarding delivery of heating oil. How do you know that the amount you are paying for is the exact amount that is being delivered? I've never really given it much thought before, but I have just had a specific amount of oil delivered, and knowing the level the guage was at prior to delivery, the level it was at after delivery just seemed a little lower than I expected. It's most likely just me overestimating the level it should have been at, but it's just got me wondering, how do we know things are all above board?

Niander
03-Jul-12, 15:02
Dont they have a gauge on the truck
ask to have a look before he starts pumping and then once he stops it will show the exact amount transferred
may be a bit embarrassing though
But you wouldnt get ripped off!

mi16
03-Jul-12, 15:15
Simpson gives you a printout which shows the fuel levels prior to and immediately after the transfer.

Gizmo
03-Jul-12, 15:42
Simpson gives you a printout which shows the fuel levels prior to and immediately after the transfer.

How could they possibly know my fuel level prior to delivery? The printout I get just gives a description of the product and the quantity delivered. Is this printout generated by the driver at the time of delivery, or in the office prior to delivery?

mi16
03-Jul-12, 15:47
How could they possibly know my fuel level prior to delivery? The printout I get just gives a description of the product and the quantity delivered. Is this printout generated by the driver at the time of delivery, or in the office prior to delivery?

They know what is in their tanker.

pat
03-Jul-12, 19:18
The tanker driver gives me a slip with the tanker readings before and after filling my tank, the amount put into my tank, it also has times of the readings.