PDA

View Full Version : Indefinite Leave to Remain

canuck
29-Jun-12, 22:30
The past five years have flown by and many days I feel more Scottish than Canadian. For that reason I decided to apply for a permanent visa and last week was granted 'indefinite leave to remain' by the UK Border Agency. I'm here for the long haul.

Many thanks to all of my org friends who kept me connected with Scotland after my four month visit in 2004 and then encouraged me all along the way when I applied to return full time in 2007. You really are 'my Scotland' and my heart will always belong to Caithness.

golach
29-Jun-12, 22:45
Welcome to our Scotland Canuck, what can I say, is it just 5 years since we bumped into each other on 'e Org, it seems as if my family & friends in Auld Reekie have kent ye a lifetime, lang may ye live here

gleeber
30-Jun-12, 07:36
That's good news Canuck. Does that mean you will have to change your org name to lassagee?

squidge
30-Jun-12, 09:46
Fabulous news Canuck - I remember you popping into Raigmore when I had John-Hamish. He is five in October :)

nicnak
30-Jun-12, 20:55
Well done Canuck, I hope you enjoy being here for a many more years x

David Banks
30-Jun-12, 21:02
So glad to see someone who has gone the other direction. Lang may yer lum reek.

Moira
30-Jun-12, 21:57
The past five years have flown by and many days I feel more Scottish than Canadian. For that reason I decided to apply for a permanent visa and last week was granted 'indefinite leave to remain' by the UK Border Agency. I'm here for the long haul.

Many thanks to all of my org friends who kept me connected with Scotland after my four month visit in 2004 and then encouraged me all along the way when I applied to return full time in 2007. You really are 'my Scotland' and my heart will always belong to Caithness.

Oh my goodness, I can't quite believe it's that long since we first met. 2004 was a good year. Haste ye back to where your heart lies, in Caithness......

poppett
01-Jul-12, 13:00
Congratulations!

Mosser
01-Jul-12, 19:57
Happy Canada day Canuck, from all in Wick