PDA

View Full Version : Best Location For Gothic Photo Shoot?

miss_mcd
28-Jun-12, 01:11
I'm doing a gothic styled photo shoot soon and I'm struggling to find some where that fits. The old cemetery down by the beach thats locked would be great but I'm not sure if I would be allowed acess? The theme of the photo is like a Romio & Juliet style, the scene where Juliet kills herself, Its for a heartbreak, Rock album cover. Can anyone help me?

dragonfly
28-Jun-12, 07:36
Old Olrig Church just outside of Castletown is probably the place you're looking for, loads of old table style gravestones

plutonio
28-Jun-12, 07:48
the parish church in Wick, it has really old mausoleums with lots of carved skulls etc...

argyle kid
28-Jun-12, 12:07
Hi plutonio.

Sorry to be pedantic but it is now called St Fergus church.

Regards AK.

donnick
28-Jun-12, 16:57
yeh agree with dragonfly OLD olrig cemetry lots of lovely old tree about there too

Alrock
28-Jun-12, 17:04
yeh agree with dragonfly OLD olrig cemetry lots of lovely old tree about there too

& it is supposedly haunted (if you believe all that mumbo-jumbo), you might be lucky & get an additional ghostly apparition in your shots.

dragonfly
28-Jun-12, 17:58
& it is supposedly haunted (if you believe all that mumbo-jumbo), you might be lucky & get an additional ghostly apparition in your shots.

could well be right there Alrock, me and daughter were there a few weeks ago and she was standing reading the big one on the wall (some past reverend) and suddenly stopped reading it out loud and turned to me thinking I had pulled the back of her jacket to get her off the grave...I was at least 20 ft away reading another stone, she was pretty spooked by it!

donnick
30-Jun-12, 00:28
Boooooooooooo :eek: WHO WAS THAT :roll:

annemarie482
30-Jun-12, 10:24
Old keiss cemetery lots of tall and leaning stones in there.
Or that old church ruin in Thurso?