PDA

View Full Version : putting up decorations?

brandy
26-Nov-06, 09:38
just thinking .. that oh my God!! only a few weeks to christmas now!! *laughs*
has anyone thought about putting up their decorations?
when do you start?im thinking of a real tree this year.. so it will be later on it gets put up.
and as im not up to hanging decorations now.. it def. wont be until i can stretch without pain! *grins*
i did start wrapping presents up the other day.
was so bored that needed to do something!
groans .. and cards!!! have to start writing the dreaded cards.
i love getting them .. but its just the writing them out that drives me crazy!!!
*laughs*
so whos starting when on holiday cheer?

Alice in Blunderland
26-Nov-06, 10:03
OOOOh Brandy I havent even bought a christmas card yet :eek: We are going to have a small christmas affair this year one main pressie each of the kids and a stocking with little stocking fillers and thats it.The kids know and have agreed to it.Think I will get all my shopping when I come back from Edinburgh I just love the buzz of all the people out there and can get my shopping done in a day.As for decorations the tree will go up on the 10th (ish) and one or two lights in the window and that will be us.:D Thanks Brandy now that youve made me think about it Im all organised.....in my mind that is.

newpark
26-Nov-06, 10:34
I've nearly finished writing all my cards, Got a new tree and decorations this year s can't wait to put them up but think i will wait till the second week in DEC.

candyfloss
26-Nov-06, 10:55
I think we'll put ours up about the 2nd week in dec too, usually put them up the begining of dec but by the time new year comes am sick of the site of them and can't wait to take them down.

Wish
26-Nov-06, 12:23
I stick with the tradition of 12 days before and 12 days after:cool:

Alice in Blunderland
26-Nov-06, 12:32
I must admit I get fed up with the decorations soon after christmas so by the second of January they are down.

golach
26-Nov-06, 12:52
Decorations!!!!!....Cards!!!!!! Bah Humbug, you will be wanting presents next :cool:

Alice in Blunderland
26-Nov-06, 14:30
Awww shucks golach thanks for offering. Ill collect my pressie from you when Im in Edinburgh to save you posting it :eek: ;)

cuddlepop
26-Nov-06, 17:55
Tree will be up before the 14th;) and down shortly after christmas day.I'm fed up with the decorations after that:lol:

lassieinfife
26-Nov-06, 17:58
christmas eve soon enough for them to go up......... down 27th or 28 th ............... bliss .........I really dont enjoy the "festive season " any more to much hype and it goes on too long[disgust] and its just a scam to part us from out hard earned cash

SNOWDOG
26-Nov-06, 18:10
Theres a hoose near me thats had its decorations up for a fortnight now! :eek:

crashbandicoot1979
26-Nov-06, 18:19
My decorations are down on Boxing Day. They never look the same once all the presents under the tree have been opened - it just depresses me so I whip them straight down. They usually only go up on the 23rd or 24th. I'm not a big fan of christmas, I'm afraid :roll:

Sporran
26-Nov-06, 19:30
My husband put up our artificial tree this morning. It almost reaches the ceiling, so once he puts the lights and garland on it, I'll start hanging the baubles etc. My most treasured Christmas tree ornaments are the ones my sons made when they were wee, and the ones that hold photos of them, as they were growing up. Then we have a tartan tree skirt. It's not a proper tartan, but looks good, nonetheless. And finally, our tree topper is a Victorian style angel, which adds a nice feminine touch! :cool:

After that, out come the wooden German nutcrackers, carved as Santas, etc. Followed by Nativity figurines, more angels, and a Christmas teddy or two. All placed strategically throughout the living and dining rooms! :D

obiron
26-Nov-06, 20:52
put mine up around the 12th. take them down on 2nd jan cos the quicker there down the better. never put roof ones up for a few years cos the hubby went mad with them one year and over decorated. safer to do it myself. besides i need a ladder to do the roof ones and i hate climbing them.

bobsgirl
26-Nov-06, 21:02
We will probably be doing our decorations on the 2nd or 3rd. Will probably pop down to the Fun Day shopping in Thurso first. We dont really go to town inside, doing a painting on the window and some lights round the window, then we have a few lights outside that stay up all year round. We do want a real tree this year but will probably just settle for the tree we have in the loft. Got to put my nice Christmas Train Set round the tree, much to my hubby's disgust. Bought it about 4 years ago and only been able to use it once so it will be used again!!

The turn on of the street lights always gets me in the mood to put up my decorations!

WeeBurd
26-Nov-06, 21:31
Oooh, I can't wait to get my tree up, I'm a big kid when it somes to Christmas. Yes, a nice big tree, that MrBurd will have to fight his way through our narrow olde lobby to get into the livingroom, some pretty candles and twinkly baubles in the windows... It's usually the first weekend in December we put ours up.

Got to admit, I'm a wee bit <can't use the word in case I get barred> about decorations... they've got to be co-ordinated, not only amongst themselves but with my wrapping paper, and HAVE to be hung by me, no-one else can be trusted to do it just as I like [lol] .

paris
26-Nov-06, 21:38
Its only the 26th nov and my girls ( 16& 17 ) wanted to put them up today........... NOOOOOOOO ! Not just yet i said but after a bit of your boring mum we all agreed for next weekend ! Jan x

WeeBurd
26-Nov-06, 21:44
Its only the 26th nov and my girls ( 16& 17 ) wanted to put them up today........... NOOOOOOOO ! Not just yet i said but after a bit of your boring mum we all agreed for next weekend ! Jan x

I'll be thinking of you and the girls, Jan, as I'm humming and hawing over the positioning of my favourite sparkly gold stars!!

Forgot to add, no chocolate on the tree this year:~( . We figured that Wee'erBurd is big enough now to work out what it is, and she's a bit of a choccie monster just like her Mamma (must've been all the chocolate I ate during my pregnancy [lol] )!

sweetpea
26-Nov-06, 21:48
I've got all the decos out of the loft cause I add to them every year and can't remember what I've got so I like to get them out and have a looky. I'm going to put them up round about the middle of Dec and usually take them down on the 2nd. Never thought of wrapping the pressies to match the tree might try that this year. I'm going pink and silver this year but I've usually got something in every room and lights on the window but nothing outside other than a wreath on the doors. I like to make things every year so I've started a few wee projects now.....I'm so excited, love this time of year.

krieve
26-Nov-06, 22:16
I just can't seem to get excited this year about Christmas, :eek: It doesn't feel like its only a few weeks away! Maybe tomorrow when i go a look to tesco.[lol]

Samuri
26-Nov-06, 22:22
Not sure when or if well put ours up. Ive gone on a guilt trip now about all that electricity that well all be burning! Oh what the heck it makes us all smile doesnt it, but isnt that being selfish what about all the global warming and stuff? :confused I doubt Ill get any sleep tonight now! :confused